Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: dogs and territory

  1. #1

    Default dogs and territory

    one cold winter morning i missed my bus so i had to walk a mile to school. to keep my head warm i looked down so the oncoming wind would hit my hair, and i observed somehting.

    every driveway i passed there were snow banks pilled up were the grass would be
    like this
    old_drive_after_cleaning.jpg picture by david_ammon - Photobucket

    and i noticed that on these snow banks there would be urine spots, on every snow bank along this mile walk.

    why do dogs do this? are they trying to remark their territory or....
    can someone enlighten me please

  2. #2
    GaashaHuzzah

    Default

    That's MY snow, no one else can have it.

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by CuteGaachan View Post
    That's MY snow, no one else can have it.
    nuu it's my snow -growls- see that -points to urine spot- that's mine!

  4. #4
    GaashaHuzzah

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by r4di0sensitive View Post
    see that -points to urine spot- that's mine!
    Best pick up line. Ever.

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by CuteGaachan View Post
    Best pick up line. Ever.


    ---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

    but in all seriousness why do dogs do this?

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by r4di0sensitive View Post
    why do dogs do this? are they trying to remark their territory or....
    can someone enlighten me please
    Your picture would've definitely been more interesting if it was still snowy outside and we could see the melted snow!

    <------------------ LIE

    Anyway, here's a link for all your territorial marking needs (I linked to the Spraying section specifically):
    Territory (animal) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Point Blanch View Post
    Your picture would've definitely been more interesting if it was still snowy outside and we could see the melted snow!

    <------------------ LIE

    Anyway, here's a link for all your territorial marking needs (I linked to the Spraying section specifically):
    Territory (animal) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    i read the spraying section, but i still am confused as to why dogs and canines would 'spay' on the edge of the bank

    and i can't get a picture of it because all the snow melted here already :/

  8. #8

    Default

    On the edge, as opposed to where? They don't outline it like you would outline something on paper with a red marker. They can smell stuff much better than we can so they only need to hit the main areas to make their boundaries clear.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Point Blanch View Post
    On the edge, as opposed to where? They don't outline it like you would outline something on paper with a red marker. They can smell stuff much better than we can so they only need to hit the main areas to make their boundaries clear.
    oh i get it thanks

  10. #10

    Default

    Now, spread the useless facts to the generations.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 30-Sep-2009, 11:43
  2. Dogs vs Cats vs Everything Else
    By LittleMonster in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-Jul-2009, 05:00
  3. dogs vs cats
    By kitty0230 in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 28-Oct-2008, 21:21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.