Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl 44

Default Super Bowl 44

Ok, since we know who is playing in the Super Bowl on Feb. the 7th in Miami, who do you think will win on "Super Sunday" & why?

Super Bowl XLIV (44)

Indianapolis Colts vs. New Orleans Saints

Saints. Why because the colts suck :P.

No, because we have better players and Better Players And... Better players. D: I'm going to be pissed if the saints lose. That would mean I lose a fifty.

The Colts have always been a domnate team but i'd like to see the Saints win.

I'm rooting for the Saints, but only because they aren't the Colts.

There are exactly 31 other teams in the league that I'd root for in the Super Bowl before I'd root for the Colts.

That said, I think the Colts will win.

i would like to see the saints win, since this is their first superbowl appearance

Too close to call. The Saints have a great running back, excellent defense, and a great quarter back. The Colts have Payton Manning and experience playing in the big games. It should be a great game, however.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Too close to call. The Saints have a great running back, excellent defense, and a great quarter back. The Colts have Payton Manning and experience playing in the big games. It should be a great game, however.
    If the Saints' defense can reduce Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark's roles in the game, they can frustrate Peyton, and he gets off the mark when he's frustrated. I know Gregg Williams likes to send a lot of blitzes, I'm not sure how that'll pan out against the Colts, since Peyton can get rid of the ball so quickly and has so many options. They need to come out in different sets so that Peyton can't look them over and know exactly what they're doing before they do it.

Offensively, if they can block Freeney and Mathis, they should be fine. The Colts' secondary guys have really stepped it up this year, but the Saints have good WRs.

In my opinion, I think that the Saints are going to win mainy due to the powerful ffense that the Saints have and the misoppurtunities in the matchup that the Colts have against the Saints. The Saints have a great QB in Drew Brees and a stellar offense with RB Reggie Bush, WR Marques Colston, Lance Moore, Robert Meachem, Devery Henderson, TE Jeremy Shockey (from the U!), and a great offensive line. The Saints have gotten better on defense with their Defensive Coordinator Gregg Williams (Fuck the Redskins for letting him go!) and many defensive trading and free agent signings such as FS Darren Sharper and LB Jonathan Vilma. The main issue that the Colts have to face is that it won't be as easy as it was against the 2006 Chicago Bears when they won Super Bowl XLI. The Bears were the #1 Defense in 2006 but their offense was inconsistent with the play of then Bears QB Rex Grossman. In addition, the Saints do have an advantage with the receivers-defensive backs matchup due to many of the Colts' original starters being injured (SS Bob Sanders, CB Marlin Jackson). The Colts are a solid team and have some advantages on in their QB Peyton Manning and their players but I do feel that 1)the game will be close and 2)it will probably vary on who gets the ball last. The Saints just have a lot in them and I will say that the Saints will win it with only a possession lead against the Colts. They are just two great teams and a great matchup will ensue with these teams.

I have a feeling the Colts will win, but I want the Saints to win it!! My reasons why are; for the city of New Orleans still dealing with the aftermath of Katrina, just to see what kind of reaction that it would produce & to see a team known for losing, finally win it all & get rid of that tag forever!!

I have a feeling if the Saints do win it all, the celebration that followed would make Mardi Gras look like a block party!!