Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diaper Metaphor

Default Diaper Metaphor

so i was trying to think of a metaphor that would relate wearing diapers to something else. to help show other people that its not sick or anything, just something we do cause it makes us feel good. like why drinkers drink and smokers smoke, cause it makes them feel good. well most of the time, there's peer pressure, and then dependency. so that's not the best metaphor, cause other things get in the way. so i tried thinking of what people do only for themselves that's makes them feel good. so maybe cars? people don't just drive any car, they chose a car they like. though i guess price, MPG, and showing off come into play, so that doesn't really hit the nail on the head ether. then i thought of makeup, girls wear it cause it makes them feel more beautiful right (don't know cause i'm not a girl)? or is it cause they just want other people to notice them? and as i try to think of more i find that we really are social creatures, doing things cause of other people (i knew we were but i didn't think this much). is there anything that we do only for ourselves? or is the answer so easy i'm blind to it (i hope so or we *BDLs are really conceited lol)? the only thing i could equate it to is masturbation, its only for your benefit and feels awesome.

sorry if this seems like a rant, but i am interested in hearing what your best metaphor for wearing diapers is.

I think the term that you might be looking for is "padded."

To say that you are presently padded is to say that you're wearing a diaper

Ex: "Look at that bulge in her pants, she must be padded."
    Ex: "I don't think I'll wear a skirt to the party, since I'll be padded tonight; I don't want to embarrass myself."

It's been in the community for a while, and as far as I'm aware, the most widely accepted metaphor.

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Milla View Post
    I think the term that you might be looking for is "padded."

To say that you are presently padded is to say that you're wearing a diaper

Ex: "Look at that bulge in her pants, she must be padded."
    Ex: "I don't think I'll wear a skirt to the party, since I'll be padded tonight; I don't want to embarrass myself."

It's been in the community for a while, and as far as I'm aware, the most widely accepted metaphor.

Hope this helps
    Just curious, and I don't mean to be a jerk or anything, but did you even read his post? He was more asking for something that could be compared to wearing, like smoking.

As for the topic, I think that masturbation may be the closest thing to it. It's also something you don't want to be caught doing, on top of the other reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Wegs View Post
    Just curious, and I don't mean to be a jerk or anything, but did you even read his post? He was more asking for something that could be compared to wearing, like smoking.

As for the topic, I think that masturbation may be the closest thing to it. It's also something you don't want to be caught doing, on top of the other reasons.
    Sleep deprivation; it's all my bad

For that much more specific question, I have no answer, truthfully. Thanks, Wegs, for catching me on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Milla View Post
    Sleep deprivation; it's all my bad

For that much more specific question, I have no answer, truthfully. Thanks, Wegs, for catching me on that.
    It's all good

lol, at lest the examples made me laugh. but i was afraid of that, though i guess its a good one. its just not a point i really want to bring up lol

To me its like drugs, i might buy them in secret and use them for me and me alone, but id do it in public and share with anyone who might want some

Elli

I wouldn't use masturbation as a comparison, because it's not essentially a sexual thing for some. Although I see it has many parallels.

Hmm...but what would I use as a metaphor? I'm don't know...

I've thought of it as a security object, which many people have, such as feeling lost without wearing or carrying something with them, like jewelry, a bag, their phone...etc. But that idea doesn't entirely match up.

I though that drinking was a good one, not flawless but it had some spot on parallels, such as emotional boldness and compulsive or addictive qualities.

I'm going to have to think about this some more. I too need a good metaphor to help other people understand.

It makes me feel like a kid running out of his class at the last schoolday before the summer....FREEDOM!

Mesmerale

If the goal is to help someone understand, don't you dare use drugs, drinking, or smoking as an example.

Sending the message that what we do is as self-destructive as drinking, smoking, or doing drugs is exactly the wrong message that we want to send.