Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Random Pain?

Default Random Pain?

I know ADISC probably is not the best place to ask this, but I figure it cant hurt either. I am nearly 18 y/o and i will randomly get a pain in my heart of near it. Sometimes it is dull, sometimes sharp. Sometimes the pain is like in the middle of it and sometimes it is on all side or just one.

My heart rate doesn't increase and I am not short on breath or sweating or anything like that. Is it possible this is a problem with my heart? Or do you think that is not likely at my age?

What could this possibly be? Had anyone else had this problem at my age?

(I don't drink, smoke, do drugs, or anything like that. I just don't get a lot of exercise and I can eat badly at times).

Since I am almost 18, I will be going to the doctor for my yearly physical in about a week and I am going to bring this up to him.

I've had things like that. My roommate at the time told me it was common for males in late teens and early twenties. I don't know if he was right...he wasn't a doctor...

From time to time I still get such sensations. At one point I went to the doctor, and found out I was feeling pain in muscles I'd never heard of, and that the pains were most likely stress related. It was nothing life-threatening or dangerous, but it was a signal that I needed to find a way to start doing things differently.

Pretty much any time you feel chest pain, it's a good idea to get it checked out. At your age (I'm guessing it's something close to 17), I doubt you've got any later-life heart problems, but it could be a number of things. It's good that you'll mention this to your doctor. I did, and although I wasn't experiencing what I thought I was experiencing, it led to some helpful treatment and I started getting better.

I can't give you any advise. You are already going to the Doctor and that is what I would urge in a situation like this.

I get that but I'm three times your age. I think it is probably stress related, tensing the muscles. It could be heart burn, though I know that sounds strange. The acid from your stomach goes up you esophagus and can cause pain in that general area. It could be chest muscle pain as well. Your doctor will probably know, and certainly can run some simple tests if he thinks it's needed. I certainly wouldn't worry about it unless he finds something unusual. I think it's common and happens to a lot of people.

Im not sure But if its constant pain in your heart they you should probaly get it checked. I have been in a health class and it not normaly for your heart to be that way. I defently couldent tell you why though.

the same thing happens to me...but my heart races and I was anorexic/bulemic for a few years

As others have said, when dealing with chest pain, it is always best to see a health care provider for a diagnosis. Chest pain can be caused by many things and can be related to respiratory, gastric, cardiac and/or musculoskeletal issues. Without seeing you and doing a proper evaluation, no one can give you appropriate advice other than to seek medical attention.

Butterfly Mage

I'd see a doctor as soon as you can. It's better to be safe than sorry. I was having a similar problem and it turned out to be a fairly mild, not life-threatening condition that essentially boils down to a "wiring defect". It put my mind at ease learning that the twinge here and there is nothing to worry about.

i've had chest pains off and on since i was a kid. its always kinda concerned me but i figure if it was something serious it would have killed me by now :p but really, be smart, go see a doctor about it. never know what it might be

See a doctor to be sure, but I bet it is just indigestion eating too fast or greasy spicy foods on the go eating can cause those feelings.

When your older you need to worry a little more, evertime I get a pain like that I make sure its not heart related, go to the heart assoiciation web page and check the signs for heart attack, it can still happen at a young but I doubt it in your case.