Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The nightmare happened

Default The nightmare happened

I was found out last week.

How it happened:
    My mom has been tracking me on the web and yahoo. She has a program that allows here to do this. She even could pull out my history even when I deleted it
    My dad told me this

Dad: "I know you go on to some freaky and weird sites. I know you confused about life right now. Just don't get cought up in those sites they arnt the right thing for you."

And he is probibly right I respect his input way more then my moms any day.

Ok so this started when I cussed on facebook That being the second time i've done that (on facebook anyways)

So she snuck on my computer changed my passwords and expected me not to know how to change them again. (I do and did,)

So now I may get forced to move in with my dad. I would not have internet for a LONG LONG LONG time.

ok so both my parents know about this site and furaffinity.

I feel helpless here.

Little ollie

Damn that sucks, your 19 though so your parents should be giving you space, but I guess they ain't.

Loopygone

You need to tell them to back off and let you have some privacy. No cussing on facebook? You're not 12 ffs :X.
    Your dad seems a bit cooler on it, just pretend you're not getting caught up with us :P (what does he mean by that anyway?) Your mom sounds crazy tbh.

Butterfly Mage

That really does suck. Do you own a cell phone? You can make posts to this site using the Opera Mini browser. I've done so many times and it works. It would also keep out those prying eyes.

or even a DS/i or iTouch they all have browsers you can use to get to the site and post. it might be a little tiresome but if you want the privacy its a way to go

LilpawsGHuskypup

Sorry to hear about your situation, Scoo. It must be tough for you.

My mom has been tracking me on the web and yahoo. She has a program that allows here to do this. She even could pull out my history even when I deleted it.
    Okay, that's just wrong. What gives her the right to track your personal internet activity and accounts? Even more, she seems rather persistent in doing it, if she uses special programs and all that.
    It's wrong. Parent's shouldn't do that to their children...

Just don't get cought up in those sites they arnt the right thing for you.
    Wrong. You're 19 years old mate. You have the full right and capacity to make your own choices about what's right for you. It's your life, do what feels right for you.
    For the record, your parents need to realize it and treat you with that respect.
    I don't know what relationship you have with your parents... But I'd recommend to talk to them about this. To have a serious conversation.
    But don't be to offensive, no good is gonna come out of that. Remain your cool and tell them how you feel.

As people have said, you could use other tools to reach the net.
    I use an iPod Touch myself.

Best wishes to you mate.

Peachy

You're a legal adult. You can do whatever the hell you want with your computer.. Granted, your parents can still give you advice, but you're free to ignore it.

My advice is: Wipe your computer clean and make a fresh install of your operating system. Look around the net for tools to protect your computer and your operating system: BIOS password, password for your user account etc. Make sure you make another user account for your parents, but do not give them admin rights. Then it's kind of hard to install spy programs without your permission.

Peachy

One bit of advice if you decide to take the advice of others. Make sure whatever she is using isn't on your router, as reinstalling won't help then, and neither will using a different device.

Other than that: *hugs*. I hope it gets better for you.

Olivia

Quote Originally Posted by Kokuei View Post
    or even a DS/i or iTouch they all have browsers you can use to get to the site and post. it might be a little tiresome but if you want the privacy its a way to go
    You need Wi-Fi for those and I don't think his Dad has Wi-Fi at his home (dunno though)

Quote Originally Posted by Loopy View Post

You need to tell them to back off and let you have some privacy. No cussing on facebook? You're not 12 ffs :X.
    Your dad seems a bit cooler on it, just pretend you're not getting caught up with us :P (what does he mean by that anyway?) Your mom sounds crazy tbh.
    I've tried this she blew up. and yes she is psycho.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    That really does suck. Do you own a cell phone? You can make posts to this site using the Opera Mini browser. I've done so many times and it works. It would also keep out those prying eyes.
    I have a cell phone. It's not internet capable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokuei View Post
    It would work.

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    You're a legal adult. You can do whatever the hell you want with your computer.. Granted, your parents can still give you advice, but you're free to ignore it.

My advice is: Wipe your computer clean and make a fresh install of your operating system. Look around the net for tools to protect your computer and your operating system: BIOS password, password for your user account etc. Make sure you make another user account for your parents, but do not give them admin rights. Then it's kind of hard to install spy programs without your permission.

Peachy
    I've taken her Admin privlage away many times but she just takes it to the repair shop and they fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hex View Post
    One bit of advice if you decide to take the advice of others. Make sure whatever she is using isn't on your router, as reinstalling won't help then, and neither will using a different device.

Other than that: *hugs*. I hope it gets better for you.
    That might be. Yea if I go live with my dad I wont have internet till I can afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoh View Post
    You need Wi-Fi for those and I don't think his Dad has Wi-Fi at his home (dunno though)
    And no he dose not.