Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diaper Changes

Default Diaper Changes

Ok, I know over the years this has been done to death...but I couldn't find any good recent topics to add my thoughts to. Besides, it doesn't seem like people have had any problems with my other crazy thoughts posts, so I was motivated to do another one and I just had this on my mind.

My ABism really is so fascinating to me. It's something that has just about always been with me, and it's so weird yet makes so much sense. I get so familiar with it, and yet because most people can't relate to it, it's still weird. So I think I just get peace and satisfaction by looking at it in full detail and making it make sense to me.

At the heart of all of these feelings of course are diapers, particularly the idea of getting my diaper changed. This isn't news...for DL's of course they're central, and even for most AB's, diapers are just the most special and exciting aspect.

But it's funny because out of all of the baby things, they're also the most embarassing...the hardest thing to talk about. I think most of us can relate to having a hard time saying the word "diaper" or even hearing it unexpectedly. I know that as I kid it was exciting, embarrassing, shameful, and personal all at once.

What makes it so interesting is that at first it seems like some horrible coincidence...the thing that we happen to like the most just so happens to be the weirdest and most uncomfortable part of being a baby. I mean, I imagine that if I were to tell someone about my ABism, talking about teddies, pacifiers, and even bottles wouldn't be overtly weird...at least you can relate that to cuddling. But diapers...that's just crazy.

But...it's not a coincidence. The reason why we love diapers so much is the exact same reason why they're so uncomfortable to bring up with non-*B/DL's...they're truly the most intimate and personal aspect of being a baby.

This is true for a few reasons. First, they deal with excrement, which is probably the most private day-to-day activity there is. I mean, it's kind of interesting how every day we use the bathroom, but because it's so unpleasant, we usually never talk about it. Hell, you don't even think about how everyone you know does it every day. It's just something everyone has the right to keep to themselves.

The same is true for being naked. Sex aside, really the only time we're naked is when we're by ourselves. So it's something that's very private.

So...when you think about diapers, more specifically being changed, you're putting yourself out there in about the furthest way possible. Not only would you ask someone else to be exposed to your excrement, but you're asking them to clean them off of your naked body. It's the total surrender of power and a demonstration of total trust.

That's why even for me, it feels a little uncomfortable when people talk about changing babies' diapers...it's still an act that's done in private that most people don't really focus on...like going to the bathroom. What's even worse for me is when it's talked about negatively, like it's a chore. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it is...but that totally ruins everything diapers are about to me...it makes them a negative, day to day thing rather than a super special intimate one.

But that's why it freaks the average person out. I mean, changing babies' diapers is weird enough...yes, they're helpless babies, but the idea of cleaning up a baby's excrement and clothing them isn't a pleasant thing...particularly if someone isn't doing it for their own baby. But doing it for an adult? It's hard to imagine something that would strike someone as more insane.

So it's natural that we're automatically so ashamed about diapers in particular. Not only is the idea of being so intimate with someone a personal thing to us anyway, we KNOW that the average person knows that as well...and since they can't relate to our AB desire to be loved and give up that trust, we know that they would be appalled and may not look at us the same way.

Of course, for those that find a caretaker, they achieve that level of intimacy and find someone that does understand them. So of course they achieve a level of satisfaction in their ABism. But that's something that takes time to develop...it's not something that can be gotten with anyone immediately.

So I don't know...I just find it interesting. I mean, I have no interaction with babies myself...everyone that knows me probably thinks I never even think of diapers and would be uncomfortable with the notion of having to do anything with a diaper. And yet I have such a strong personal attachment to them due to my ABism...and it's neat to realize that this intimacy of diaper changing is a big part of that.

So again, this was just a ramble...just feels good to get my thoughts written down, and it's nice to share them with people who understand.

The last two times I tried to give you rep. on your threads, I get a message that says

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to teddy564339 again.

It's a little unfair if you ask me. Yet another quality post. You've been on a role, and definitely hit some really good points lately. Thanks Teddy

Ha ha...maybe that's a sign that I'm posting too much at once. Maybe I need to space out the timing of my posts more.

Yet again a very good reasoning. I have nothing really to add right now, maybe later. Keep up the good work

Quote Originally Posted by teddy564339 View Post
    Ha ha...maybe that's a sign that I'm posting too much at once. Maybe I need to space out the timing of my posts more.
    No, don't take it the wrong way. I love your threads, many are worth reading, which you can't say about a lot of the material on here nowadays.

Wow, that's just an awesome assessment here Teddy.

Quote Originally Posted by teddy564339 View Post
    My ABism really is so fascinating to me. It's something that has just about always been with me, and it's so weird yet makes so much sense. I get so familiar with it, and yet because most people can't relate to it, it's still weird. So I think I just get peace and satisfaction by looking at it in full detail and making it make sense to me.
    Me too. That's all I can say, because this is exactly how I am. My ABism really fascinates me, and although it seems to make a lot of sense to me, it's culturally weird, and a source of some internal struggle and frustration. To alleviate that, I meditate on the topic and begin to form my own ideas and theories. You are encouraging me to post some of mine as well, which I will at some point.

I think most of us can relate to having a hard time saying the word "diaper" or even hearing it unexpectedly. I know that as I kid it was exciting, embarrassing, shameful, and personal all at once.
    Exactly .
    It's like there's a mental barrier that gets in my way from saying the word without any emotional reaction. I always have some sort of intense emotional experience whenever I say or hear the word.

I mean, I imagine that if I were to tell someone about my ABism, talking about teddies, pacifiers, and even bottles wouldn't be overtly weird...at least you can relate that to cuddling. But diapers...that's just crazy.

But...it's not a coincidence. The reason why we love diapers so much is the exact same reason why they're so uncomfortable to bring up with non-*B/DL's...they're truly the most intimate and personal aspect of being a baby.
    True. I must admit though, it's funny how I actually have a harder time bringing up my teddies, pacifiers, and bottles to people that are closer to me than I do the diapers. Diapers are the most 'extreme' element of our *Bism, so I tend to want to share that element with people first, as though to serve as a gauge. Like, if they accept me for this, they'll accept me for the other stuff too. Now that I've shared with people about my diaper wearing, I still find the need to not share with those same people that I also own pacis and bottles. I guess I'm just afraid of what they would think if they knew I was into diapers *and* the other stuff. As though they would believe I'm going to far.

So...when you think about diapers, more specifically being changed, you're putting yourself out there in about the furthest way possible. Not only would you ask someone else to be exposed to your excrement, but you're asking them to clean them off of your naked body. It's the total surrender of power and a demonstration of total trust.
    Yes, and this is one thing I find very fascinating here. This is viewed to be the most humanly embarrassing thing for most people, but for us, it seems to make sense and not be too unusual. It is definitely a big part of our diversity as a group of people. While a part of me feels humiliated and embarrassed by this, a big part of me just loves it, and that's definitely not the normal consensus.

when it's talked about negatively, like it's a chore. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it is...but that totally ruins everything diapers are about to me...it makes them a negative, day to day thing rather than a super special intimate one.
    This is a gift to us ABs out there .
    For most people, changing baby diapers really is just a day-to-day thing that they would rather not be doing. For us, we don't necessarily mind it so much. We view diapers very differently from the rest of the world, and I consider it more of a gift than a curse. This is one of many reasons why.

But doing it for an adult? It's hard to imagine something that would strike someone as more insane.
    Totally agree. In a way, I'm glad to have a lot of other problems aside from being an AB. This way, whoever I end up with is going to have to already be very open and accepting of me. Diapering and dressing might just be an added bit of the acceptance part, although this still does give control and some sense of power to the other side, and that right there helps to balance the playing field. It takes a very special kind of person to want to do this for an adult.

Thanks a lot once more for sharing your thoughts Teddy. Another very well thought out post and thread .

The thing that really got to me is how seemingly everything else about being an AB is normal, except for the diapers. I have a pretty funny story about that too. If any of you remember Blarg, the friend of mine that searched my name on the internet and found this sight back when it was TBDL, I was at his house the other day and we were talking. He told me how he didn't understand why I was so embarrassed about this whole thing because it's just not that weird. He's said that a few times which always shocked me. But then he finally added the rest of his thought which was, "it's not like your into wearing and using diapers..." I told him he was right, but I had one of those "duh' moments because I very much so am into wearing and using diapers. What's cool though is that I realized that the only thing strange about being an AB is being a DL too. You could probably tell most people about AB and they would empathies with it. They could understand how that would be relaxing and stress relieving.

For me when I was a TB and my mum found diapers it was a difficult time, to be fair she went totally mental. I stopped for a while but you can't change who you are and I hid my needs well eventually I was found out again and once again it was that I was wrong like this instance and that instance, loads of unconnected events that I was 'wrong' so I hid it even better and not just my AB/DL/LG aspects of myself. It hurts to look back and remember those moments when I was told if I ever needed to talk to her she would be there. When it came down to it she wasn't and she wrote herself out of my life a little bit everyday till 2 years ago when she left this world. Every since I have been trying to carry on with a life I don't really understand alone for the most part, a little bit scared and very confused.

I think maybe the whole bABy thing is me trying to have a childhood that I never truly had maybe. Or regressing to a vague memory of safety before it all started to go wrong. Not really sure what aspect of my life is more worrying to me the fact that it all seems to be falling apart or the fact that these day I just don't really care any more!

You always have something interesting to talk about teddy.

I have always enjoyed the idea of having my diaper changed by someone but at the same time it's very embarrassing. I can't stand to be around babies, especially when someone is changing them because I feel very weirded out, embarrassed and even a bit jealous for some reason. I feel very awkward and at the same time a bit excited when someone says the word "diaper" or is talking about changing diapers or when someone talks about baby stuff, speaks baby talk, calls me cute or anything like that.

Of course, for those that find a caretaker, they achieve that level of intimacy and find someone that does understand them. So of course they achieve a level of satisfaction in their ABism.
    It is an awesome experience to have a great and loving girlfriend. You are right it took the good length of a month before I told her that I enjoyed wearing diapers (she know pretty quickly that I loved cartoon underwear) when we first starting seeing each other.

As far as being private I generally take off my own diaper and dispose of it out of respect. She puts on a fresh one if I am not going to wear funpals/showtoons or a pull up diaper. I love being powdered and getting desitin put on by her.