Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Homosexuality Laws

Default Homosexuality Laws

The general topic is pretty obvious. (Just read the title. )

Okay. What are your takes on laws that negatively affect GLBT people? (Note that this doesn't just mean Same-Sex Marriage laws, I'm talking any law you could think of.

The obvious ones, for me: Homo-, Bi-, and Trans- people are no different than you or I, except that they are attracted to a different sex/gender. Therefore, I can't think of a reason to not allow them the same rights that straight people have. (The right to marry, right to adopt, right to openly serve in the military, etc.)

That's my take on the subject, what's yours?

--The Foxxeh Assassin--

Well im trans but i do not live in america so i do not have as those laws that you do, but the ones ive heard you have offend me deeply mostly the marrage ones

Here is my one and ONLY issue with Trans-people. Which bathroom do they use? As weird as that sounds, I think there should be a seperate bathroom. Like I'm not against it or anything, that just freaks me out. Although I'm in Canada, where you can get married and the whole-shebang so I'm pretty open-minded. I don't know why the bathroom thing bugs me, it just DOES!

EDIT: I have issues sharing bathrooms with ANYONE for that matter. It just freaks me out. I don't know what they do in there...
    Last edited by Zephy; 26-Jan-2010 at 02:08.

LilLillyKitten

Quote Originally Posted by DLDisturbed View Post
    Here is my one and ONLY issue with Trans-people. Which bathroom do they use? As weird as that sounds, I think there should be a seperate bathroom. Like I'm not against it or anything, that just freaks me out. Although I'm in Canada, where you can get married and the whole-shebang so I'm pretty open-minded. I don't know why the bathroom thing bugs me, it just DOES!
    Why not just make them co-ed? In several nations, that's the norm... Restrooms that are segregated based upon sex are more of a Western culture tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by TygerLily View Post
    Why not just make them co-ed? In several nations, that's the norm... Restrooms that are segregated based upon sex are more of a Western culture tradition.
    In several nations, people are cannibals, that's the norm... people not eating they're neighbours in weird tribal ceremonies is more of a Western / not crazy island folk tradition. Trying to make washrooms co-ed in our society would go over like a lead balloon. Folks got no trust for strangers of the opposite sex and such. Plus some people are weird. Don't think it would be the best call.

pamperchu

They have the unisex bathrooms all over the place. I never been in one tho cus I use diapers 24/7.

Anyway, I don't know what laws you are talking about that prevent me from doing anything cus i'm gay.

Acctualy they have Unisex bathrooms all over, accept in the US, and select euopean countries, at leasts the ones i have been two. since i live in eastern euope they got the both bathroom together.

In all fairness, I've been in a shared bathroom thing too in Italy. Had like, clerks to who told you which stall to use and gave people mints and junk, which was actually just awkward. I just wanted to talk about cannibalism. But I don't think that Western society would accept it as an alternative.

Butterfly Mage

The antiGLBT crowd can never cite anything but the Bible/Qran as justification for kicking us in the face. They can never come up with a rational reason.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFoxxehAssassin View Post
    The obvious ones, for me: Homo-, Bi-, and Trans- people are no different than you or I, except that they are attracted to a different sex/gender. Therefore, I can't think of a reason to not allow them the same rights that straight people have. (The right to marry, right to adopt, right to openly serve in the military, etc.)

That's my take on the subject, what's yours?

--The Foxxeh Assassin--
    Same. We're all people, no matter the race, sexual orientation, gender, or anything else. We all deserve the same rights. Why people don't do that, I don't know.

(Note: Even though I do believe that all people should have equal rights, I'm not that fond of stupid people. Nobody can live a completely honest life, and I'm no exception to the rule.)

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    The antiGLBT crowd can never cite anything but the Bible/Qran as justification for kicking us in the face. They can never come up with a rational reason.
    Oh my gosh, so freaking true! They're in denial that we all deserve the same rights in the world, the same way that men were when the women's rights act came along. The world's slowly opening up to us, though, so I'm sure we'll have rights soon. (It happened with women and african-americans, so the world will probably jump over this civil rights hurdle soon enough.)

Quote Originally Posted by pamperchu View Post
    Anyway, I don't know what laws you are talking about that prevent me from doing anything cus i'm gay.
    Marriage laws. I've had dreams of marrying a girl (most likely, I don't see myself spending the rest of my life with a boy, but if a special one comes along, I'll more than happily marry him) ever since I was little. But, no, two women happily in love can't get married. Why? Oh, because love is wrong when it's between two people of the same sex.

/rant