Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Jealous of the real thing?

  1. #1

    Default Jealous of the real thing?

    Let's see... I don't know where to begin.

    My sister-in-law and brother are having their first baby and it's due in 3 weeks. I was over at their house this afternoon with our Mom so he could show us the finished nursery. It was soooooo adorable. All the baby's toys and clothes and diapers were all neatly put away and everything is ready. They even showed us the teddy bear that they used for practice in diapering. And, of course, the center of conversation was the new baby and things our mother did for us as babies.

    Being in that room surrounded by all the baby stuff made me happy, but at the same time, I started to feel... I'm not quite sure how to describe the feeling. I think I was feeling jealous or envious of the new baby. I looked around the room and wished so badly that I could have this sort of stuff. And then it hit me, "why can't I?" Obviously, I've thought this before (otherwise I wouldn't be an AB/DL), but I mean it really stuck in my mind for the first time, even since before becoming an AB/DL. Some of the stuff that this child has could only be afforded by the richest of the rich. Some babies are spoiled beyond belief with love and comfort.

    But seriously, just cause I'm an adult shouldn't bar me from liking cute and soft things like my stuffed animals or a thick fleece blankie or a paci. Now of course that's why AD/DLism exists anyway, because there are adults who, in fact, like the cutesy, innocent things that babies have. But what gets to me is, why are these things are so socially unacceptable? Why is such comfort reserved only for babies?

    EDIT:
    I'm not talking about diapers in particular. I'm talking about some baby things in general. I totally understand why diapers would be unacceptable.

  2. #2
    GaashaHuzzah

    Default

    Because the majority of humans on the planet don't enjoy wearing a toilet around their waist?

  3. #3
    Loopygone

    Default

    Because being an adult means giving up those childish things, and manning up. According to most people any way.... :P

    And yea, I get well envious of toddlers all the time, they seem to have it all. But then again, thats why I'm trying to recapture that part.

  4. #4

    Default

    Because diapers are always strange to everyone. It's not an acceptable practice to wear diapers when you don't actually need them.

  5. #5

    Default

    See my edit please.

    I'm not talking specifically about diapers. (Though it wouldn't surprise me with how lazy people are getting if wearing diapers for day to day convenience became normal. >.>)



    Quote Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
    Because being an adult means giving up those childish things, and manning up. According to most people any way.... :P
    But my question is "why?". What part of cuddling a stuffed animal n'such makes a person immature or unadult-like?

  6. #6
    GaashaHuzzah

    Default

    Because the mojority of people aren't *b/dl?

  7. #7

    Talking



    Quote Originally Posted by xcliber View Post
    They even have a "baby wipe warming dispenser" that keeps the wipes at the perfect/soothing temperature for the baby's ass!!! WTF!?!? Why don't have a toilet paper warmer for my ass!?
    WHAT!, You don't have a heated loo roll holder!, Even ive go one of those an i'm shit poor.











    Having a radiator next to the toilet does have some advantages

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by xcliber View Post
    But my question is "why?". What part of cuddling a stuffed animal n'such makes a person immature or unadult-like?

    I think it's both an emotional thing and a perception thing. When people see someone who enjoys cuddling a stuffed animal, they see it as someone who has an emotional need for it, and that is perceived as weak.

    It's the same thing as being taken cared of...I mean, babies are pretty much helpless, and most of the things they have go along with that...they totally have to be taken care of in every way. So for an adult to have any of that...it's also perceived as weakness.

    And this is a problem as an adult...because adults have responsibilities in life, and there are times where you have to be mature, responsible, and strong.


    Don't get me wrong...I'm just as frustrated as you are by this, especially because it's so much worse as a male than as a female. Even though guys (and some girls) find it silly when a girl still has a stuffed animal and likes to hug it, generally it's not that big of a deal. When it a guy does it, a lot of times he's perceived as a wuss or a loser...guys look down on him, and girls aren't attracted to him (I'm speaking in general terms here...I know it's not across the board).


    But yeah, I'm right there with you...any time I'm around a baby, I'm always so drawn by the babyish things, but so turned away by the baby itself. I feel a strong jealousy too...everyone seems to love the baby so much, and I feel nothing for it. I want to feel that same love and acceptance...but of course, only if it could be done in a way that wouldn't affect anything in my normal relationship with people.

  9. #9
    Loopygone

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by xcliber View Post
    But my question is "why?". What part of cuddling a stuffed animal n'such makes a person immature or unadult-like?
    Because it is... I'm sorry but there you go :X. Adults should be able to get by by themselves, they're meant to be responsible, grown up, and just generally well adults. Well society deems it so. Its all about appearances, and reproduction. In the normal world I'm a man, I have a house I rent, I have a car, etc etc. And I keep my AB side hidden, because society would think I'm weak if it found out.

    Like Teddy I do find it frustrating, especially the way its acceptable for girls to be childish, wear pjs with disney characters on them, still have stuffed toys, talking in silly baby babble, yet if a man was to do it, he's weak and immature.

    At the end of the day, I don't care too much, none of this is gonna stop me cuddling my teddies, or wearing my footed sleepers, and acting as little as I want to. I just keep it hidden from a stupid, ignorant general public.

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by teddy564339 View Post
    I think it's both an emotional thing and a perception thing. When people see someone who enjoys cuddling a stuffed animal, they see it as someone who has an emotional need for it, and that is perceived as weak.

    It's the same thing as being taken cared of...I mean, babies are pretty much helpless, and most of the things they have go along with that...they totally have to be taken care of in every way. So for an adult to have any of that...it's also perceived as weakness.

    And this is a problem as an adult...because adults have responsibilities in life, and there are times where you have to be mature, responsible, and strong.


    Don't get me wrong...I'm just as frustrated as you are by this, especially because it's so much worse as a male than as a female. Even though guys (and some girls) find it silly when a girl still has a stuffed animal and likes to hug it, generally it's not that big of a deal. When it a guy does it, a lot of times he's perceived as a wuss or a loser...guys look down on him, and girls aren't attracted to him (I'm speaking in general terms here...I know it's not across the board).


    But yeah, I'm right there with you...any time I'm around a baby, I'm always so drawn by the babyish things, but so turned away by the baby itself. I feel a strong jealousy too...everyone seems to love the baby so much, and I feel nothing for it. I want to feel that same love and acceptance...but of course, only if it could be done in a way that wouldn't affect anything in my normal relationship with people.
    well i have a 12 month old daughter that im a single dad to and every time i look at her im happy for her...i say to my self hold on to it why you can because eventually the world will make you grow up...but again im happy for her because one she can enjoy it and two she knows no other way...
    Last edited by waslost1234abc; 24-Jan-2010 at 02:40. Reason: typo corrections

Similar Threads

  1. Are we real?
    By Triforceformer in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 03-May-2009, 16:15
  2. I'm Sooo Jealous...
    By Pramrider in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 15-Jan-2009, 16:08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.