Thread: Need a new brand :(

Default Need a new brand :(

Hey all, my girlfriend and I are currently down to our last 2 depends. I myself don't care for them... they feel more like trash bags. We're within walking distance of a CVS as well as a walmart (though this is pushing it). What should we get? I'm looking for something more comfortable and "baby like." Not to mentions depends leak very bad.

Thanks !

I bet that is better than depends, despite your sarcasm :P

Butterfly Mage

Unfortunately, the only decent diapers are those you can get by mail order. Considering that Depends are relatively expensive (about 90 cents per diaper), the Abena Extra holds about 4x, is more babyish, and costs about $1.10/diaper.

Wal Mart can also mail-order the Molicare Super, but they only come in cases of 56. They are pretty good diapers.

We unfortunately cannot order any via mail, we have to be discreet about it. We live together and can't afford to have her parents intercept the package. Does CVS/walmart carry Abena in store?

Have you tried/intested in stuffing the depends? I'm in the same boat right now, with loads of goodnites in my room and a few bambinos left. I'm thinking of stuffing depends with pampers 7 (see pamperchu's stuffing vid) which makes them MUCH more absorbant and feels bulkier. Stuffing seems like a great way to get more from depends.

Any medical supply shops nearby? You'll more than likely have better luck there.

Quote Originally Posted by ATSx666 View Post
    We unfortunately cannot order any via mail, we have to be discreet about it. We live together and can't afford to have her parents intercept the package. Does CVS/walmart carry Abena in store?
    No. Like other's have mentioned, your best bet is to check out a local medical supply store. Their brands are usually a little better then what you could find at CVS/Wal Mart.

Like said before, look for medical supply stores. At my local pharmacy I've found attends, Tena classic briefs(a pretty good diaper in my experience), they also had some no name ones that I was unsure of. I've used the walgreens briefs, they were pretty good for what they cost. Cvs makes a similiar brief. I also believe that if you can order site to store from walmart.com you can get the molicare mentioned above.