Thread: If you are near the Holiday Inn in Kensington...

Default If you are near the Holiday Inn in Kensington...

would one of our UK members pop in and inquire about the sleeper suits their employees are wearing when they provide bed warming service? They look rather comfy, and I think I might want one if they are available!

... what the hell.

Dude, if some asshole in a big, white Teddy bear outfit rolls into my room and warms my bed and drops farts on the covers and stuff, I'm going to knee him in the crotch. The only one allowed to drop air-biscuits underneath my covers is me. I'm not paying some lazy-ass my money to come in and sleep like a hobo under my sheets. What if he didn't wash? What if he's got lice? What if crabs from his pubes leap onto my face and start gnawing off my skin? How many people washed and rewore that crazy white sleeper?

As for where to get one, I don't know, but...human bed warmers? Good Lord.

Am I the only one creeped out by this service? Really? I'll let my own fat ass warm my own sheets, thank you.

Yep ... a bit creepy, and certainly odd, but not so much so that it doesn't generate free publicity in the press, and gets a few memorable photos in the newspapers. You'll remember the Holiday Inn name because of it.

I think it's a stunt that'll quickly die out, but great free publicity for HI. Clever marketing.

Wow, the second thread in this that was inspired by yesterday's Late Night With Jimmy Fallon!!! That and my toilet paper thread. Those just creep me out.

Thats awesome!

Unfortunately, it would never fly in the US. We've got a bunch of germ-a-phobes here...
    I want to get a job warming beds!

Quote Originally Posted by Me :p View Post
    I want to get a job warming beds!
    Now that would be an interesting job since I already warm beds (my own) for at least 18 of 24 hours each day of a weekend.

Peachy

I still need a bed warmer for my own bed, but preferably without having to check into an expensive hotel in the most expensive part in London!
    Any volunteers?

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    I still need a bed warmer for my own bed, but preferably without having to check into an expensive hotel in the most expensive part in London!
    Any volunteers?
    Sure, if you'll pay for the plane ticket and provide room and board

Anyway, that is pretty darn weird, and I don't think many people will take up the offer. Definitely just a marketing trick.

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by MrSiltStrider View Post
    Sure, if you'll pay for the plane ticket and provide room and board
    Haha..should have asked when you lived closer...close enough for 5 EUR Ryanair flights