Thread: Womens Footie Sleeper, in PRIMARK

Post Womens Footie Sleeper, in PRIMARK

Was out shopping today with my mum at the EK shopping centre, pretty sad i know.
    When we walked into britains least ethical clothes shop, i was like
    There greeting me just as i whent in the door was a whole rack of womans size blanket sleepers .
    They where either light pink and white or pink with cute embroidery and where only 8. Sizes from 10 - 18, i think, but no promises.
    I tryed to talk my mum into getting some for my not so little sister, she loves pjs so why not, but she was having none or it,
    "how would she get to the toilet ?" my mum asked, hmm id have no problems

This is only a heads up, if anyone in the uk wants a bargin go look in primark, or pennys if youre in ireland, and if anyone finds them in colours other than pink or white let us know , as i said they where right at the front of the store so they might be old stock there wanting rid of, so move quick if youre interested.

Loopygone

There are a couple of other colours iirc, they've been around since xmas, probably trying to get ride before spring/summer clothes come in. I'm pretty sure they had a brown and a blue one as well.

Thanks mate ill go have a look in my local primark tomorow and see if i can find a nice one.

Elli

Thanks. I'm gonna check my local store too. See what they do.

It's annoying, I know we have a primark in the town centre I just can't find it! I'm gonna have to ask.
    Good find though mate.

Peachy

I've looked at my local primark before Xmas, because someone else told me about sleepers at Primark. However, I think they have a different selection in Germany, and I believe my local Primark is the only Primark in my country anyway.
    I was told that they also had male sleepers though for 8 quid. May want to check out the men's sleepwear section too

Peachy

I wish I could find a store in the states that sells footie pjs. I have to order online to get my wife a pair and I know she wants more than just one pair. Although I have seen in jumpin jammerz they have a pair that has the traditional butt flap that opens! I dont know how practicle they are but I would buy her a pair just to see.

Elli

I went to my nearest Primark today. They had pink ones for 8. One size - 12/14. The quality reflects the cheaper price - it's not brilliant. Still, it seemed too good an opportunity to miss, so I bought one. If I had imagined there might be one in the men's sleepware section, I'd have checked that out too. I dislike being completely dressed in pink!

Unfortunately though, it has triggered in me a reaction I didn't foresee; something of a purge cycle. I imagined burning it! It's like wanting babyhood back, but despising the adult version I found when trying to reclaim it. The nappies have a niche in my adult life, as do toys. But I don't think I can include any further AB type things. A lesson learned the hard way. Still, was cool to find them in shops and get the chance to try one. I'll store it in a cupboard to avert the desire to buy another one in a binge phase.

Edit: On yeah, and I couldn't help but notice, the clothing label says, 'Secret Possessions' as a sort of brand name. Do all the PJs say this?!

OMG someone actualy did something because of what i said !!!,
    So its a bit sad to hear that you didnt like it elli, but then again i did the same thing in the summer, when i was in turkey i bought a big bib and havent worn it since, i just feel silly wearing it with my normal clothes, but it might be diffrent with this so i might aswel give it a try, just for the sake of it.

Some pics of a blue one and a pink one from ebay. These are the primark ones though.

The blue ones are still womens sizes. What size would i need, im 6'2" and a 30" waist, 8-10 or 12-14 ?

20th post whoop, not much but its a start, all i need nows some rep

Elli

Quote Originally Posted by HappyNappin View Post
    OMG someone actualy did something because of what i said !!!,
    So its a bit sad to hear that you didnt like it elli, but then again i did the same thing in the summer, when i was in turkey i bought a big bib and havent worn it since, i just feel silly wearing it with my normal clothes, but it might be diffrent with this so i might aswel give it a try, just for the sake of it.

The blue ones are still womens sizes. What size would i need, im 6'2" and a 30" waist, 8-10 or 12-14 ?
    Yep! You have power HappyNappin!! Use it wisely!

I hope at 6'2" you will fit ok in terms of height...

I am 5'7" and the size 12/14 fitted ok, but the body was only just long enough and the sleeves were slightly above my wrists.

That said, my waist is bigger than yours and I probably have a few more lumpy bits for the material to stretch over, so at least you'd have more of the material 'spare' to stretch height-ways.

Yeah, it's funny because in one sense I really do like it, but in another I can't allow myself to go further into ABism because of where my life is at in other areas. I'm both sad about it, and excited by adult life. It's a tension between adult and baby. My A's are fighting my B's! Probably a common scenario. Anyhow, I'm still really greatful for you bringing Primark to everyone's attention, and it was probably not a bad thing to learn where I'm at with these things.

Edit: Just wanted to add, I saw a student-age young man wearing one of these in the busy shopping area in town today, collecting money with a bucket, presumably for a charity. People dress up as all sorts of things to be noticed when charity collecting, I'm not suggesting this man was an AB, but I had to do a double take, and maybe a triple take too!
    Last edited by Elli; 06-Feb-2010 at 19:49.