Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh no.

Default Oh no.

Hello people.

It's been almost half a year or so -I think- since I came here last time.
    I've been around on and off for some 2+- years.

Either way, I've landed myself some free time recently, so I think I might be around for a while.

The name's Roland. I like music, literature, tobacco & alcohol. I write (non *ab stories & essays), I play music, and I try to stay alive.

Music ? I like Post Punk, Alternative, Punk rock, Jazz, Blues, Classical, Electronic, Experimental, Rock n Roll, & anything that didn't have to perform f***atio on a Manager/Producer for a contract.

Literature ? Tough one, to many too list. But right now, Jack Kerouac, William Burroughs & J.G Ballard stand out among my list of all time favourites.

Relation to AB/TB ? I guess I am an infantilist. I loathed this for some time, and still haven't come completely to terms with my ego, but it seems to have become more of a 'on-the-side' sexual aspect. Something I enjoy alone, but not with a partner.

Enough of me, class dismissed!

define post punk and btw welcome to the site

see now ive been tricked into taking a class..
    welcome to the site

define post punk
    A movement of the late 70ies in which bands attempted to copy a sex-pistols-esque sound and ended up with something more sophisticated, intelligent, and overall better quality. Bands include : Joy Division, The Fall, The Cure, etc.
    (There's always post punk revival, see : Interpol, War Tapes, Sleepmask etc. And branches of post punk that stem into other genres : Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the banshees.)
    And thank you for your welcomes, all. : ]

Oooh! Then you might be into my music!

Clickie down thar...

Hey Roland, welcome back to the group. Glad to see a returner .

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Joy Division, The Fall, The Cure, etc.
    Woohoo! I'm a fan .
    I must admit though, I don't know much Joy Division music, just New Order. They're virtually one in the same, but there are obvious differences that you are aware of, most likely. I'm primarily a New Wave fan, so I'm into those bands and some of the others that spawned around the same time: Tears For Fears, Depeche Mode, Ministry (their really old stuff), The Smiths, etc.

Again, welcome back, hope to see you around the forums.

Welcome back. The band I used to play in did a number or two from The Cure and Golden Earing. Now I'm Living in the Twilight Zone, well at least Until the Bullet Hits the Bone.....

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Now I'm Living in the Twilight Zone, well at least Until the Bullet Hits the Bone.....
    But where are you supposed to go now that you've gone too far? Is your whole world spinning into a frenzy?