Thread: Steady As She Goes

Default Steady As She Goes

I do not watch TV, I did watch Arrested Development but I lost all hope in TV when it was taking off the air, but I have stumbled across the Original Star Trek and this shit is better then crack. What are your opinions on the characters, whats your favourite episoide, if you want to talk about merging your feitish with Star Trek talk about that as well (that should be interesting).

Star Trek is great but The Next Generation is better.

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

Just to feed your Trek obsession, here are the series in order.

Star Trek
    Star Trek: The Animated Series
    Star Trek: The Next Generation
    Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
    Star Trek: Voyager
    Star Trek: Enterprise

And if you like the original series the best, check out Phase II here

Star Trek: Phase II Home Page

download and watch for free. As a note of interest the Phase II
    fan site is the first place you get to see a phaser move while in
    use sweeping the beam across several targets.

I always prefered Deep Space Nine, the fact that the different seasons had an over arching plot was great compared to the single story episodes of TNG or TOS. The war with the Klingons and the whole Dominion arch where great.

I do remeber reading a story some time ago about an ensign who's an AB, she uses the replicators to make adult nappies, and spent alot of time in the Holodeck :X. Was a bit weird tbh :P.

BTW Arrested Development is an AMAZING show and it is STILL on WITH OUT COMMERCIAL interruptions >_< on IFC !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SquishyTushy View Post
    BTW Arrested Development is an AMAZING show and it is STILL on WITH OUT COMMERCIAL interruptions >_< on IFC !!!!
    Yes Arrested Development is the best show/movie I have ever watch, it has caused me to now rate everything on a scale of Arrested Develpoment ranging from Arrested Development to not Arrested Development. I have TOS as being 0.9(Arrested Development).

I have never seen Arrested Development but I don't like Star Trek at all. I will always be a Star Wars fan at heart (my username) but the shows I do watch are mostly sports programming, news, The Office, The Simpsons, and Chowder (of course).

It's pretty cool that you'd be so taken with something so much before your time. It's not like the special effects would draw you in. I watched it when I was a kid and I still watch it when it comes on. They had some absolutely miserable episodes here and there (space hippies, anyone?) but by and large, it was cool stuff. Good dramatic tension, interesting character interactions, and lots of big ideas.

I enjoyed Next Generation, but it was very different. They engage different parts of my brain. DS9 never really caught on with me. I watched it consistently, except for the damn baseball episode, but it didn't grab me hard. Voyager started out in a very interesting way but quickly fell flat, and the less said about Enterprise the better.

Never really made any fetishistic connections with the show. It was just fun to watch.