View Poll Results: Do you still watch American Idol?

27. You may not vote on this poll

3 11.11%
  • Yes, I use it as background noise while I am on ADISC

3 11.11%
  • No, I have better stuff to do/watch.

21 77.78%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: American Idol- Do you still watch it?

Default American Idol- Do you still watch it?

Now that we are up to Season 9 and most of the good judges will or are already gone, plus the similarity between the seasons, I am just curious for who actually watches this show anymore? I don't and I will always prefer Chowder or any sports before it. Especially now with this 62 year old guy with his Pants On The Ground bit that has even Brett Favre doing it do you still watch American Idol?

Butterfly Mage

I've never watched it even once.

Can't stand it. By now it's mainly about ratings and full of bullshit.

That whole Susan Boyle thing really pissed me off. "Oh my god, she's ugly, but she can sing! It's so fucking incredible! I know, lets make some big deal about it and blow it up in the media for even MORE ratings!."

God forbid someone unattractive has a talent. Jesus Christ.

I stopped watching when I realized it was just a popularity contest.

My wife and I have watched every season. At first it was pretty entertaining, but when you compare Idol's judges to the judges on So You Think You Can Dance, the Idol judges come off as a bunch of idiots. I watch the show because I'm a singer, a graduate of Westminster Choir College, a choir director, and one who has sung at Philharmonic Hall, NYC, and Carnegie Hall, NYC. I do know the voice, and there have been some wonderful talented people on the show. Most of them didn't win.

The fact that the American public decides who wins is a joke. Then there are the voting programs used to vote, so that the last winner received 13.5 times more votes from his home state, than his state has population. The whole show is a farce.

Pants on the ground, pants on the ground, looking like a fool with your pants on the ground. Hat turned sideways gold in your mouth. Call yourself a cool cat, lookin' like a fool, walkin' downtown with your pants on the ground!

American Idol may not appeal to all music fans, but it has done a lot of good for some people that might never have gotten the chance to live out their dream.

---------- Post added at 03:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 AM ----------

P.S. Man, Dogboy, we have differing views on the show, but I think you have a really impressive resume! I like to sing too, but could never have gotten so far. Do you still sing professionally? What genres do you like?

Us Brits have the X Factor, which is basically the same thing. I'm pleased to say I've never watched it, and I hope I never do.

I watched The X Factor this year, and actually quite enjoyed it.
    It was more a social thing though, my house mates and I would talk through most of it; it's not really something you can just watch, but it does provide good background.