Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Quotes

Default Favorite Quotes

Title explains it all. What are your favorite quotes? I have many. I was about to take a few from Emma Goldman, but to be honest, I could just take everything she's ever written and include it as a favorite quote, so we'll just say that anything written by her are mine. I'll just list two by her.

Emma Goldman:

"Anarchism is the only philosophy which brings to man the conciousness of himself; which maintains that God, the State, and society are non-existent, that their promises are null and void, since they can be fulfilled only through man's subordination."

"Anarchism stands for liberation fo the human mind from the dominion of religion; the liberatopm pf the human body from the dominion of property; liberation from shackles and restraint of government. It stands for social order based on the free grouping of individuals."

Also another few I like are:

"Those who dance appear insane to those who cannot hear the music." - George Carlin

"Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power." - I have no idea who said that.

This one is referring to the second Goldman quote I listed.
    "The concept was pure, simple, true. It inspired me, lit a rebellious fire, but ultimately I learned the lesson that Goldman, Prudot, and the others learned. That true freedom requires sacrifice and pain. Most human beings only think they want freedom. in truth they yearn for the bondage of social order, rigid laws, matierialism. The only freedom man really wants, is the freedom to be comfortable." -Fictional character John Teller from Sons of Anarchy.

I've got lots more, they just won't come to mind right now.

"Sex turns Straights into Gays and Gays into Mexicans"- Peter Griffin

"This ain't about East or West, its about n..... and bitches, money and power, ridahs and punks. Which side are you on?" - Tupac Shakur

"I'm not your boyfriend!!!!" - Chowder

"Now if you want to crown them, then crown their ass, but the Bears are who we thought they were and we let them off the hook!" - Dennis Green

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    - Winston Churchhill

"I can resist everything except temptation."
    - Oscar Wilde

“We have guided missiles and misguided men”
    - Martin Luther King

"Reality has a well known liberal bias."
    - Stephen Colbert

And my sig as well

"Harboring resentment is like letting someone you despise live rent-free in your head"
    - author unknown

I've always enjoyed 'Ignorance is bliss until the bull you've ignored kicks you in the face'

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest—honestly! It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly… stupid."
    - Captain Jack Sparrow

"The Cake is a lie!"
    - Portal

"There has never ever been a dull moment - we can kiss the highest clouds and name them after movie stars."
    - Line from "Grandfather" by The Number 12 Looks Like You

"Magic must defeat magic"
    - Uncle

"In the end, it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all" God's creatures, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
    [A Tyrannosaurus Rex is seen crashing a UFO and eating the alien inside.]
    - From the Futurama movie Bender's Big Score... probably the funiest thing I've ever seen (scene, not the movie)

"Happiness is bliss"
    -1000 SSR

"Me Grimlock..."
    (Virtually anything following that is gold)
    - Grimlock the Dinobot

"You don't need a machine to make a rainbow..."
    - Meatwad

"Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun"
    - Ash

"Mrs. Peacock was a man?"
    - Mr. Green

"What business does an elf, a man and a dwarf have in the Riddermark?"
    - That dude from LOTR... this along with and other epic quotes from them movies used in every day situations can eprove life quality by seventeen

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."
    - The best way to start a book ever.
    Last edited by Slang; 20-Jan-2010 at 04:09.

Butterfly Mage

Ben Franklin, on the subject of Christianity:
    "Lighthouses serve much more use than Churches."

My signature. I dont know who said it but its latin and says "if you seek peace, prepare for war."

"Bona valetudo melior est quam maximŠ divitiŠ" by Ciceron
    A good health is better than the greatest wealth

"Wars come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal." Tupac.

"I read somewhere how important in life it is not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong, to measure yourself atleast once, to find yourself atleast once in the most ancient of human conditions." Christopher McCandless.