Thread: I know it's creepy...but

Default I know it's creepy...but

did anyone watch that History channel doc about the 1906 SF quake and put any thought into it

Butterfly Mage

No, but I've heard about it. The loss of life was pretty close to what Haiti is experiencing now. It was a bad earthquake indeed.

Yes I have seen that a few years ago, they lied back then about the loss of life just so people would come to the city to live, they way under estimated the loss of lives.

I don't much like the west coast myslef, and thinking of eathquakes I would never want to live there, but that is just me.

Butterfly Mage

That, and the air quality in many areas of California is like smoking two packs a day without ever lighting up.

I have heard about this particular question but what really intrigues me is that The title name would imply something of sexual content. This is really like the complete opposite of what it actually was about! Sad event though.

yea, I have put some thought into it.

That was the earthquake that smashed Ansel Adams into a wall as a kid, breaking his nose. It was never corrected, so for the rest of his life he had a crooked nose. Growing up he didn't have a lot of friends because of his nose, so instead he spent most of his time exploring the wilderness. This created in him an interest in the beauty of nature, which he attempted to capture forever with photography. So if it wasn't for that earthquake, we wouldn't have one of the most influential photographers of the twentieth century.

Creepy, huh?