Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newb

Default Newb

I had to use gaming terms, because it's easier on me. Hi everyone!

I'm never sure how to start posts like these. I don't know whether to talk about myself, why I'm here, how I found it or the best way to introduce myself without appearing like an asshole. So I guess I'll share the story.

I fell in love with my very best friend, Dawes. Truth be told, I think I've been in love with him for a very long time, but we had individual circumstances (I was dating someone else for a while, being one). But when we got together, it was typical, "This relationship is so good that no one will want to hear about it, because it's too sappy."

At one point, we sat down and started talking about our interests. If there's one thing Dawes and I have in spades, it's communication. We spent a time in our lives when we didn't talk and weren't open, but once we got over that, it's a huge deal. It was a very big deal for me (I have separate fetishes of my own) to discuss what I liked and I needed to know what he liked. After we both summoned the nerve, we told each other.

When he told me he was interested in maxi pads and diapers, I wasn't expecting it. But when he did? Well, first, I loved him immensely for it. Secondly, I became curious. Endlessly curious. I'm still trying to understand it. The more we talked about it, ways to incorporate it or understanding why its there, I became so fascinated. I learned that I LOVED the idea of being a carer. Loved it in a way I did not expect.

So I'm new here. I'm dying to understand things. I'm eager to learn things he may like that he doesn't know about; maybe to learn some things I'd like myself that I don't know about either. So I hope you guys don't mind my asking a ton of questions, from basic to "Hey, what do you guys think of this?"

Outside of these interests, I'm fairly boring. I'm a writer, an avid knitter, senseless gamer. I'm vulgar, I giggle at potty humor of all types and am generally intolerant to bullshit. Oh, and I'm blunt. Can you tell?

I hope to make some new friends here. Thank you for having me.

wall [email protected] thar may i b 1st 2 welc0m u???/

I'm so glad you joined up. It's exciting to be able to share even the social interactions of this secret with you, and to be able to let you get to know all the awesome people who inhabit this place. Kick back, grab a tea, and have fun!

Our Dawes? Really?

As to knitting... it was just recently I discovere guerilla knitting:

from http://www.we-make-money-not-art.com...the-histor.php

Dave Cole's "Knitting Machine? project used two excavators wielding telephone poles as needles to knit a giant American flag in the courtyard of the Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art.

Quote Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
    Our Dawes? Really?

but wha 'bout the poor guerillas?

Welcome to the site Vae

Welcome to the place. That great that you and your bf have such great communication, a lot of people don't have that in their relationships and it's hard for them. I applaud you for your support. Anyways you're gonna fit in perfectly here, this is one place where thank god we can let the profanity fly. Oh and props for gaming noob! jk always a good women who loves games (my wife does too!)! What kind of games you play?

Welcome vae I'm glad to see some one from washington state on here...I live in washington as well...south of seattle...are you and xbox fan or a ps 3 fan....

Hello, and welcome to the site! Of course it's fine to ask questions - just make sure to use the search option in case it's been asked before!

Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    When he told me he was interested in maxi pads and diapers, I wasn't expecting it. But when he did? Well, first, I loved him immensely for it. Secondly, I became curious. Endlessly curious. I'm still trying to understand it. The more we talked about it, ways to incorporate it or understanding why its there, I became so fascinated. I learned that I LOVED the idea of being a carer. Loved it in a way I did not expect.
    Am I correct in understanding that you yourself are not *B/DL? So did your bf send you this site, or did you find it from googling?

I guess it's nice to have a carer on the site, offer a whole new perspective on things! :-)

Our Dawes? Really?

from 24c3: The history of guerilla knitting - we make money not art

Dave Cole's "Knitting Machine? project used two excavators wielding telephone poles as needles to knit a giant American flag in the courtyard of the Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art.
    Dude. That is awesome, Raccoon! I think there's a certain excitement in being able to mix industrial equipment and "domestic" productivity! If anybody ever thinks that knitting isn't badass, they should be immediately directed to this picture and then have chicken bones shoved in their nostrils.

Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    I had to use gaming terms, because it's easier on me.
    You're not the only one here who suffers from this.

Welcome to Adisc, I'm sure you should fit in fine

Oh, I've seen that before and it's amazing. When I first started knitting about two years ago, I remember finding it and thinking it was the coolest thing ever!

Quote Originally Posted by ukdl1989
    Am I correct in understanding that you yourself are not *B/DL? So did your bf send you this site, or did you find it from googling?

I guess it's nice to have a carer on the site, offer a whole new perspective on things! :-)
    AB? That one I can say I'm not, though I am interested on reading about. I by no means am judgmental of any one's interests, but if you asked that to me about myself, I would say no. I have separate kinks from that.

Now for the DL? I can't answer that yet. When Dawes introduced me to this, I found myself thinking about diapers and pads in ways I never had before. I think about ways of including them in the bedroom, in ways that work for him and for me. So I truly believe an interest is growing on my part that I don't understand yet. That's the other reason why I'm here -- to understand where I am in all this. Do I have a fetish for the object? I don't think so, but I am getting attracted to something about it here. About putting one on him, particularly and being experimental. So I'm here to discover.

As for the caregiver, oh hell yes. Months and months ago, Dawes accused me of "Mommying." Often. I'm that type of person ("Oh, do you feel sick? Did you try this? Do you want me to come over?" "Talk to me, and we'll figure this out. I'll help you fix whatever is wrong.") I love caring, taking care of others and being taken care of. As it's included in the bedroom, I can't even describe what it does to my brain. To be in that dominant, care-giving position melts my butter.

Oh, and as for how I found ADISC, Dawes introduced me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmoman
    Oh and props for gaming noob! jk always a good women who loves games (my wife does too!)! What kind of games you play?
    The better question is, "What kinds of games don't you play?" I've been a gamer since I was 10 (26 now). I'm very much into violent games, like CoD, Left 4 Dead, Halo, things like that. I admit I have girly interests too, like MMOs, the Sims, Viva Pinata. HUGE into RPGs. Dawes and I bonded over games like Final Fantasy VII (though I've been playing them since Final Fantasy II) and Zelda. So really, the better question is what don't I play. And really, that comes down to sports games, because I suck a fat one when it comes to the controls.

Thank you guys so much for the huge welcome. It feels so nice to be in a place that so excepting, no matter where my interests lie.
    Last edited by Vae; 16-Jan-2010 at 18:56. Reason: Forgot to answer a question I quoted!