Thread: Howdy!

Default Howdy!

Hi folks,

I'm not sure exactly where I should start. I live in California and am in the process of finding a new career. I am/was in the jewelry business, but it's not exactly hopping right now due to the economy. Plus I'm looking for something that engages me a little more intellectually. I like the outdoors, hiking, camping and snowboarding when I can afford it. I also do distance running, although I've been a bit lazy about it lately.

As far as my interests relevant to this site, I'm mostly DL but have a bit of AB as well. I got a pair of footie pajamas from Target for this winter that are just fantastic. I mostly just wear because it feels nice, but it can be pretty convenient for long road trips...

I'm new to the online forum thing, so I hope I don't make any silly mistakes...

Welcome to the site

Looks like you're doing okay so far with regard to avoiding silly mistakes. Just keep reading around, get a good feel for the culture and pitch with your two cents when it seems like you should. As to the work stuff, I know someone else who's working in jewelry and he's cut his hours back considerably, so you're not alone there. Hope you can find something that makes better use of your talents.

Welcome to ADISC! Do you have any hobbies or interests? Hope ya enjoy it here and our supportive community. Peace and Love

Hi tk7432!

Well, I read a lot. I'm usually reading 2 or 3 books at any given time. I like to read one non-fiction and one fiction if I can. But at the moment, I'm reading 3 non-fiction. Oh well... A book about spiders, one about how computers will exceed human intelligence in the next few decades, and a book of DIY projects using common household materials, with an emphasis on re-use and re-purposing. It's a book written by Readymade, they also have a magazine of similar projects.

I also like to cook. I don't usually use a recipe, but just throw stuff together that seems like it will taste good. The main reason I like to cook is that I like to eat :-)

Hey, welcome to ADISC goodmileage

As Trevor said, you're doing pretty well with not making silly mistakes. You've got a good introduction that isn't just about your diapers. You've actually responded to posts, which is always a good sign that you are actually interested in being here. No crotch shot avatar or avatar of you, etc... nice, nice. Oh, and you've got a good username that should help keep you memorable, unique, and give you good endurance .

I wouldn't worry too much about making silly mistakes here, though. We're a forgiving bunch on the silly stuff, lol. It's the bigger stuff we hate (lying about your age, spamming, creating a ton of drama, or being a fake, alternate account). For the small stuff, I think you'll find that every one of us regulars has had his fair share of dumb mistakes, myself included. If you don't believe me, just check out this thread: Biggest Mistake You've Made on ADISC. Even very established members of the community and staff members slip up at times, it's what makes them human, and humans are certainly welcome .

Other than that, enjoy your stay here . Feel free to stay involved, hop in whenever.

This is Wales calling. Welcome to the site. Hope you have lots of fun and make lots of new friends. I'm also into walking, camping, but prefer skiing (when I can get to the snow) as bit too old to start on snowboarding