Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing

LilpawsGHuskypup

Default Fishing

For some reason, all the threads on subject fishing has been closed for some reason. I hope I'm not doing anything that I shouldn't be doing now, but I fail to see what that would be...
    Anyway!

Yeah fishing! Who else likes to do it? I speak of all sorts of fishing now, may it be angling with grandpa by the jetty or fighting against deep sea Marlin in the Caribbean sea.

Myself, I have been fishing since I started to walk. I have my father to thank for that. Over the years I've been angling, spin-fishing, fishing with lures, and most recently, I've been fly-fishing for about 6 years.
    There's something about fishing that I have a hard time putting the word at.
    It's no longer as much as hooking anything but more getting closer to the nature surrounding you.
    It's a special feeling to stand in your wade-pants in the middle of the river with your fly out, surrounded by the silent nature.
    Magical.
    I most commonly fish for trout, sea trout, perch, pike and salmon. So far, I have caught no salmon.
    But over the years there has been plenty of big catches among the other species.

So, anyone else share the passion?

I too am a fan of fishing. Typically it will just be some night at the lake off the dam, but I've done some from a boat. I'd like to go ice fishing more then I do, but somehow conservationists outlawed fishing and snowmobiling on it, and the other nearby lakes are a few towns over and pretty crowded.

LilpawsGHuskypup

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun1162 View Post
    I too am a fan of fishing. Typically it will just be some night at the lake off the dam, but I've done some from a boat. I'd like to go ice fishing more then I do, but somehow conservationists outlawed fishing and snowmobiling on it, and the other nearby lakes are a few towns over and pretty crowded.
    Ice fishing is nice, I do it from time to time, but haven't been out on the lake ice this winter. Yet.

Ever tried fishing in the wild? Like a river or lake out in the country?

Other then the local lake, I usually go into the wild. There's a small pond on a mountain, with a pretty narrow road leading out to it. They stock it from time to time, but I like going more for the enjoyment then the catch. It's pretty peaceful up there as hardly anyone ever goes, and those that do are all locals that I know. You do much fishing in country?

Have my own pond (2acres 12ft deep) That I fish in. caught Turtle, brim Bass, Some thing else, Catfish, And mud cats. FYI A turtle Can break a homemade pole.

I want to go Fishing in the gulf again. It's been many years since I went But I need to get a boat first. A small Fishing boat. Neeed to get myself a new pole. that can get some goldfish or Koi in.

I dont particularly like it, but my little brother has a couple of trophie's and some medal's for coming in first in some fishing tournament's.

I love it. I've caught Perch, Bass (Large mouth and small), sun fish, Crappies, Bull Heads, and Northern Pike. My largest was a 39 inch Northern in northern Canada last year, and my smallest was a 2 inch Perch on a 1 inch long lure.

secretdl26

I enjoy fishing, as I have been going fishing with my family for as long as I can remember.

Due to the fact that my uncle lives on a lake, fishing can be a constant thing for me whenever we get up to Duluth (where he lives) and have time to go.

I enjoy ice fishing, but so far I've haven't had many great experiences with it due to the fact that there's been a lot of slush on the ice every time I've gone in the past few years.

Fishing opener is kind of tradition with my family. Getting up at the crack of dawn, going out into the cold (and usually rainy) weather, getting some walleye, then frying it up for dinner is one of my favorite things to do.

MXmadman

I enjoy fishing from time to time. My family takes a few fishing trips every year, we usually fish for largemouth/smallmouth bass and northern pike. Never been able to sit out on a lake all day when they're not biting, though. I don't have much fun when I'm not catching fish. My brother's a much more serious fisherman, though. He has fished in a few qualifier tournaments for the Bassmasters' Classic and has come as close as one place away from making it to the Classic.

I like to do a bit of fishing from time to time. I live right on a pretty big lake, Lake Champlain, and there's a ton of fish in there. Usually I'll just shore fish for little pan fish like perch, sunny's and crappies. Sometimes though me and some friends will head out on a boat and go for some bigger stuff, sometimes pike, bass, etc. Right now is ice fishing season, and the ice is finally thick enough to drive on so I might get out there, though winter is also ski season, so I don't generally go ice fishing as I'm too pre-occupied with skiing.