Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Burger King's new commercial

Default Burger King's new commercial

Has anyone else seen their new commercial with the guy in a baby outfit laying on the floor and playing with a paddle ball? The wording in it says:
    " This baby was born yesterday, but he already knows Burger King has bla bla bla.........."

I thought it was just a little weird for a hamburger commercial, and my wife was kind of put off by it too.

How do you feel and what do you think about it?

IMHO, there has to be somebody in their advertising agency with personal knowledge and/or interest in ABDL. Not sure who the joke is on, but I see it as a huge inside joke.

I saw it for the first time yesterday and thought it was stupid.

LilLillyKitten

I think it's stupid...

I think its quiet clever for a few reasons, first being that it did its job extremely well among the *B/DL community seeing as how we are all actually discussing it which is an ad's main purpose... to generate buzz.

And secondly i think its clever because they make an extremely precise point which i happen to agree with; Burger King is by far one of the best places for value food(i mean 1.13$ for a Double Cheeseburger @ 1/4 lb. is literally the most food you can get for just a buck almost anywhere) and they convey this message in a way that is comical, striking, vivid, and clear.... even a baby would get it.

I do not agree however with the subliminal text they are inserting into this ad however which more or less implies that ANY Man who is as undeveloped in the Mind as a Baby is to be considered stupid in all matters except when it comes to something painfully Obvious(in this case BK's value).

Other then that little remark made which i think harms the *B/DL community in my eyes, its arguable that is also helps us, as it can be seen as desensitizing the majority of society to the existence of *B's, and they do say any publicity is good publicity... which is my other point =)

Whether or not the director for this ad is an AB or has any AB/DL interest i think it will suffice to say he has a certain level of awareness of the community ... i mean where else would he know where to shop for AB clothes ???

Quote Originally Posted by SquishyTushy View Post
    ... i mean where else would he know where to shop for AB clothes ???
    That is possible due to the long-lost art of costume-making. I can almost guarantee that they said, "We want to do this commercial with a man dressed up like an infant. Let's get one of those one-piece things made. Call up that costuming consultant and she'll get that shit taken care of."

Needless to say, I think it's ridiculous to assume that somebody on the staff with our tendencies had an influence on the commercial. A man regressed into the form of a baby is just extreme irony and nothing more.

LilLillyKitten

Quote Originally Posted by Dawes View Post
    That is possible due to the long-lost art of costume-making. I can almost guarantee that they said, "We want to do this commercial with a man dressed up like an infant. Let's get one of those one-piece things made. Call up that costuming consultant and she'll get that shit taken care of."

Needless to say, I think it's ridiculous to assume that somebody on the staff with our tendencies had an influence on the commercial. A man regressed into the form of a baby is just extreme irony and nothing more.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by SquishyTushy View Post
    I think its quiet clever for a few reasons, first being that it did its job extremely well among the *B/DL community seeing as how we are all actually discussing it which is an ad's main purpose... to generate buzz.

And secondly i think its clever because they make an extremely precise point which i happen to agree with; Burger King is by far one of the best places for value food(i mean 1.13$ for a Double Cheeseburger @ 1/4 lb. is literally the most food you can get for just a buck almost anywhere) and they convey this message in a way that is comical, striking, vivid, and clear.... even a baby would get it.

I do not agree however with the subliminal text they are inserting into this ad however which more or less implies that ANY Man who is as undeveloped in the Mind as a Baby is to be considered stupid in all matters except when it comes to something painfully Obvious(in this case BK's value).

Other then that little remark made which i think harms the *B/DL community in my eyes, its arguable that is also helps us, as it can be seen as desensitizing the majority of society to the existence of *B's, and they do say any publicity is good publicity... which is my other point =)

Whether or not the director for this ad is an AB or has any AB/DL interest i think it will suffice to say he has a certain level of awareness of the community ... i mean where else would he know where to shop for AB clothes ???
    McDonalds has the double cheeseburger

Quote Originally Posted by Acecool View Post
    McDonalds has the double cheeseburger
    No actually Burger King has the true Double Cheeseburger between the two .... its bigger, tastier, flame broiled, heartier, tastier, better =p

Wow, I did not know that... it would be nice if they ever got my order right though... I always order no pickles, no tomatoes and they always forget to take one or the other off...