Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What makes life worth living for you?

Default What makes life worth living for you?

This thread is intended to be a celebration of all of the things that make life great. Think of it as an opportunity to count your own blessings and appreciate them.

For me, it is these things.

I know I have a lot of mental and developmental issues, but I am very glad that people know more about these things now than they ever did before, and treatment these days is able to help shape me into a functional member of society. I am thankful for that.

I have very few good friends IRL, but I appreciate all of them. Just like I appreciate the many good online friends I have made over the last couple of years on various forums.

I have my own apartment, the bills are paid every month (well, there was one snag at the beginning of this month - but that got fixed very quickly), healthy food is in my fridge and cupboards, so I have life pretty well off despite my general lack of funds. And I appreciate that.

And I am getting a grant that will cover all tuition and book costs at the local community college - so I very much do appreciate that, as well.

Not to mention, my massive DVD collection (ten years of collecting DVDs = over 1,000 discs), so I have no shortage of entertainment in my apartment. And the joys of my XBox. And the progress I have been making studying Kanji on my own (although I still am looking forward to proper Japanese courses when I go to school again). Heh.

So, there you go. Sure, I do want more in my life (particularly, more IRL friends and eventually a loving boyfriend), but I do have things pretty well off these days, and it would be foolish of me to overlook all of that.

What in your life are you thankful for?

I'm thankful for my friends and gf. Somehow I managed to find some really cool and respectful people to be around. It's just so nice considering there are so many a-holes in the world.

I'm thankful for the kids I work with.

I'm thankful for music, books, and movies, and the occasional TV show.

I'm thankful for food. I love food! Also tea. I'm a big fan.

What makes life worth living? Lets see...

My parents as they keep a roof over my head, pay for my education, feed me, give me money, and love me on top of all that.

My cats, whats life without pets?

My brother, annoying a hell and a complete moron but hes fun and we keep eachother company.

All of my friends, life would be unbarable without them.

My computer keeps me connected to the outside world were otherwise I would be basicly living under a rock.

ADISC has helped me so much, I don't know if I would be alive right now without it and all of it's wonderful members.

My TB/DLism is a good thing for me, it's great stress relief and a wonderful sleeping pill and just fun all around.

Thats all I can think of at the moment...

What makes life worth living?
    Music. Its a big one for me, I just love it.
    Booting it along a road in my car. 10-50mph in 2nd gear is fun.
    Watching the sunset, or sunrise..... Natures light show, twice a day.

My friends are pretty much THE reason that I keep on going many days. They make life bearable.

What else ... oh! Masturbation, I suppose. Even though that's about 1% as awesome as the physical, mental, and emotional connection you can share with another person, that's what I've got to work with at this point.

Friends and 'batin'. That's probably diverse.

Music... and feeling guilty for being selfish otherwise.

That's about it, actually... kinda sad, eh?

Makes life worth living? Everything. The ups, downs, friends, family, music, my favourite shows, new movies, accomplishments... I'm quite proud that I've somehow got through life this far, but I have improvements to be made (health-wise, life decisions, etc..).

Quote Originally Posted by h3g3l View Post
    What else ... oh! Masturbation, I suppose. Even though that's about 1% as awesome as the physical, mental, and emotional connection you can share with another person, that's what I've got to work with at this point.
    I almost forgot that one, but I'm going to one-up you: Masturbation + Good music

Life is an opportunity to have fun, and having fun is certainly worth living for.

Simplistic, yes, but its always good to keep reminding yourself that there is always joy even in the bleakest of moment.

Life is worth living for those moments where I am one or more of the following:

-having fun

I enjoy whatever cascade of brain chemicals accompanies those responses to stimuli, so I seek out those stimuli that trigger those responses, with the precondition that such a search does not overwhelming inhibit future searches.

Also, the alternative to living is potentially boring.

Music and writing. I am really talented with both. It's all I live for, and I love my friends too