Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Adult Baby Diapers

Question Adult Baby Diapers

With the post of the Cuddlez review and the similarity to Bambino and my remaining dissatisfaction of how closely Bambino's emulate baby diapers, I came up with a crazy idea.

Now I know that adult diapers have two tapes and are designed a certain way because the baby diaper design and layout of the diaper aren't good enough to comfortably and better fit an adult because of body proportions. I know AB Universe has diapers that have only two tapes (instead of the seemingly standard of at least two tape tabs per side on adult diapers) but obviously as a company, they are lacking critical customer service reputation.

So I was wondering, members of ADISC. If I could design a diaper that is much closer to a baby diaper (even down to the scent) that would look as much as a baby diaper as possible, would you pay an even higher premium for these diapers than, say, Bambinos? Obviously they would have to at least be comparable in absorbency and capacity.

But obviously designing, prototyping, custom machining and warehouse storage are lot of costs that go into the cost of Bambinos and for someone like me who is playing around with making an AB/DL Diaper Manufacturer Start-up company, these costs must be negated in the pricing.

Would you like/pay more for a diaper that is closer to a baby diaper than all previous attempts -- a price that is higher than AB Universe and Bambino's diaper?

Thanks.

yeah, but don't do something stupid like classy comfort and charge 39.99 for 8 diapers.

oh, but as I might add.... the one of the only missing pieces still left in designing an ABDL diaper is the packaging too. Bambino and Abuniverse has their diapers in plain white plastic bags. Couldn't the design a more babyish looking package?

Loopygone

Quite frankly..... no :/ Nappies cost enough already, and I think bambino's do a pretty good job. Plus they are a good alround nappy. I think you're going to find it hard to get the price down to a resonable level. Maybe if they where 20p or so more per nappy then I may think about it.

Before you invest money into this, do some proper market research.... maybe even ask how much bambino/abuniverse sells....

MXmadman

Quote Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
    Quite frankly..... no :/ Nappies cost enough already, and I think bambino's do a pretty good job. Plus they are a good alround nappy. I think you're going to find it hard to get the price down to a resonable level. Maybe if they where 20p or so more per nappy then I may think about it.

Before you invest money into this, do some proper market research.... maybe even ask how much bambino/abuniverse sells....
    I agree.

Companies already charge as much as they can get away with since it's a specialty market. Bambinos and ABUniverse diapers are already expensive enough (and babyish enough) as far as I'm concerned. I'd much rather have a company offer something similar to the ABU or Bambinos at a cheaper price. Not only would it be easier on our wallets, but if they sold well, it'd help that company out, and probably drop the price of the ABUs/Bambinos as well.

Loopygone

Quote Originally Posted by h200420012 View Post
    oh, but as I might add.... the one of the only missing pieces still left in designing an ABDL diaper is the packaging too. Bambino and Abuniverse has their diapers in plain white plastic bags. Couldn't the design a more babyish looking package?
    That would be excellent if they could do it. Might add too the cost which will be an issue for some people. But I'd love this. You'd need a good looking model for the front through, or just go with a drawing (teddies :P)

I personally wouldn't go for a babyish diaper, but as long as you're starting the company i think a lot of people would go for an adult sized pull-up that looks and fits like the child sized ones.

I really have no idea how much something like that would cost in the end. Unless they can do like Bambinos did and rent time on someone else's machine the startup cost would be in the high millions.

Personally, I don't find much difference between Bambino's, Attends or Assurance Brand. the only plus for a babylike diaper would be the single tapes, otherwise I would just customize my own pack of diapers rather than pay an outrageous price. I like diapers but I am not that obsessed with them. And I am a cheap bastard who will look for the better price before I look at style.