Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you buy your clothes from the kids' section?

Default Do you buy your clothes from the kids' section?

I doubt any of you could fit toddler and infant clothing. I am guessing a good number of you could fit into kids' clothing as a lot of them are not even small in my opinion.

I'm 22 and still often buy clothes from the kids' section. I love gap kids and justice (formerly limited too). Recently I bought a gap kids warmest jacket for $25 and change and a puffer coat from from justice for around $15. I also love head-to-toe outfits but don't overdo them. A lot of stuff (esp mini skirts) from gap kids and justice still look great on women in their 20s. Not to mention that I can get them for a fraction of the price of adult ones.

I'm 5'4.5'' and 110lbs, most girls size 16, sometimes even 14 fit me well.
    I mainly shop for kids clothes at gap, justice, old navy, lands end and mini boden.

Do you buy your clothes from the kids' section? and where if you do?

I'm a pretty broad-shouldered, yet slender guy, but yes - once and a while I will grab a Junkfood T from GapKids. The XXL (14/16) will fit me if it's a short sleeve, but even then it's like a cap-sleeve on me. Haha!

Last evening I bought the very last spaceship sleeper from Target in the boys' department. It was an XL (16/18) and it fits me pretty well, even in the sleeves. The only issue I have with it is that I wear a size 11 shoe and my feet felt very crammed in my new sleeper's feet. Oh well, the sacrifices we make to have fun!

Most of my clothes are for 14 yr olds, and I have yet to find Men's shoes in my size, 5.5, so yes a lot of my clothes come from the kid's section.

My ex-gf was small and would often buy kids' clothes - I was soooo jealous! I'm slim enough but too tall (and girls can get away with more cutesy stuff than boys).

In the UK at least it's the VAT exemption that's appealing for many, so it's actually quite common. A 17.5% discount is certainly not to be sniffed at!

Anyway, often many ranges are pretty much the same. I can see why many would, but alas I have outgrown those days. My dads partner, at 4ft 11 (and a half(!), which she holds on very dearly to) often buys kids clothing, simply because it's basically the same at a lower price.

No, because my fat butt can't fit in them.

However, I do go to the mens section in some stores and buy novelty t-shirts with nostalgia on them. Marvel superheroes, Transformers, etc.; still kind of babyish to wear around.

I haven't been able to fit into kids clothes since I was 14, hell I have trouble finding adult clothes that fit :X

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    and girls can get away with more cutesy stuff than boys).
    Haha yes we can.

I buy alot of my clothing from the children's section. I wear a size 10. In fact Friday night we were over at a friends house, and my friend bet me I could fit into 6T clothes. It fit, but was too short :p As for shoes, I *have* to buy them from the children's section. I once went to Journeys to but some shoes I wanted.... they sent me next door to Journeys for kids. I also have to get alot of my pants hemmed since I like to get my pants from Pacsun.

I'm Waaaay older than most here, and I still buy most my cloths in the boys department, 5'4" 105 lbs.

I like being small, afterall I have no choice or chance of growing at my age....LOL