Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fitting diapers definitions?

LilpawsGHuskypup

Default Fitting diapers definitions?

Apologies if a similar topic has been made already in the past, but I couldn't find one myself.

Alright, this is something I was thinking about on the bus way home back in November.
    How do we define a fitting diaper? I'm mainly focusing on baby diapers now, as I've yet to try adult ones.
    It sure must be different from person to person, but I'm curious about your opinions.
    I've been reading the reviews on the bigger baby diapers such as Cruisers 7, and gone through some discussions about them, and that's what made me think.
    I haven't tried the Cruisers 7 myself, so I wouldn't know if they would fit me, but here's the deal:
    I have about a 32' waist, definitely not larger, and I can "fit" and wear Active fit size 5.
    What I mean by "fit" here, is that I can wear these diapers, use the tapes and wear them for some time without them ripping open. Note that it's not for a very long time that I can wear them, they rip easily. (I bought them to try and now I use them as stuffers/boosters.)
    I must pre-stretch the diapers and the tape only reaches the very end of the front tabs. I CAN reach the tape panel if I really push it, but then they break even faster.
    Size wise, it's enough to cover both front and back.
    Though it doesn't even come close to the other diapers I use, I don't count it as "fitting" that way. And I have yet to experience diapers in which I can tape to the tape panel. (save for pull ups as I've been trying DryNights.)
    Fitting for me would be that I can tape the sides to the tape panel and that the diaper wouldn't be too tight.
    See my point? Does this even count as "fitting"? Or is there a general definition to it?
    What defines a fitting diaper for you?

I'd say it 'fits' when you can wear it comfortably and use it for its intended purpose without it breaking/leaking.

you should know that baby diapers will not reach your waist but rather thay will go around your hips. also if you look at my sig you will see a thred that may help you. and btw fitting doesent count if thay go on and brake after a while.

I wear Pampers Baby-Dry size 6 diapers. They need some reinforcements, but I consider that they fit me. I can move as I wish without any leak (considering the diaper is less than ~10 oz full), the tapes are not super stretched, I still have a good length left. I have some photos that I should post here.

BTW I'm ~5' 10" high, have a 30" waist (+/- 1/2in.) and a weight of ~115lb.

June

I wear both size 7 cruisers and size six luvs. The pampers fit me better, but the luvs are taller on my waist. I say if it can stay on without tearing, then it fits. The luvs barely fit in that category though, because if they are full, the sides will eventually tear. But for the most part they fit

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
    I'd say it 'fits' when you can wear it comfortably and use it for its intended purpose without it breaking/leaking.
    I second this. Wearing a Pampers as a thong just doesn't cut if for me

LilpawsGHuskypup

Quote Originally Posted by nyah View Post
    you should know that baby diapers will not reach your waist but rather thay will go around your hips. also if you look at my sig you will see a thred that may help you. and btw fitting doesent count if thay go on and brake after a while.
    Aye, went to see the topic but it doesn't quite answer my question. I'm curious about what people think about this.

Baby diapers will not reach your waist but rather thay will go around your hips.
    There you said something interesting. That would be a definition of fitting in my opinion. At least fitting properly. That, plus that the tapes reach the tape panel without breaking after X time/movements.

Yeah, that would be good. So as long as it stays one you, and lives up to these things it doesn't matter where the tapes are and such?

The biggest baby diaper I wear is Libero Size 7. How much of a different to Cruisers 7 they are, I do not know.
    With my ca 32' waist, I can wear these comfortably. The tapes does NOT reach the tape panel, but rather stick to the end of the front side tabs.
    Even so they hold for hours, and works fine with movement.
    But yeah, they stay by the hips, not to the waist.
    Maybe i shall review these. Haven't seen them around here at ADSIC, neither do I know where they're being sold outside Scandinavia.
    Anyway, maybe that's what I'm looking for, the diaper should be big enough to go around your waist? In addition, reach the tape panel properly?

Thumbs up

I remeber when the largest nappy available in the UK was size 5 (maybe it still is). I've always been slim, but had to go through a clinical operation that required two mutilated nappies and a lot of sellotape to make one that would "fit".

And then I discovered the web.

And then I realised that adult diapers existed.

And then I realised that I wasn't the only *B/DL in the world.

So, to me, properly fitting is one where the size description matches my body, i.e. 26-34" waist or whatever. Baby nappies are just too small. Probably even size 7

Quote Originally Posted by SibeHuskypup View Post
    I'm mainly focusing on baby diapers now, as I've yet to try adult ones.
    Don't let the word "adult" fool you. They're AWESOME! You don't feel like you're too big for them... which makes me feel little.

Loopygone

I have to second Tiny, a well fitted adult nappy will feel 10x more babyish then any baby's nappy... the adult body shape is just nothing like a babies.

A lot of AB/DL people seem to think that a diaper fits if it goes on without duct tape and does not rip for at least a few hours. A more realistic definition is that it comes up to the waist and does not require stretching. Diapers are not supposed to fit like speedos or g-strings and they should not need to be stretched more than enough to make them snug.