Thread: The Mist

Default The Mist

So I just saw the movie "The Mist" and it was pretty awesome. It has a really good story and some pretty decent acting. There intensity level of the movie is pretty high though out the whole movie. I have to admit that the visual effects are kinda cheesy at parts but its forgivable. And if you like gore, there is plenty of it, also the ending is fantastic.

I heard it sucks >__>...I kind of wanted to see it...But then I saw a commercial where you saw the creature things, and I thought it kind of killed it

I bet the ending ruined the movie for him.
    And that sucks. Cause I never really looked into the movie that much. Like I wanted to see it but I didn't want it ruined for me so I never watched trailers or footage from it. Cept for a teaser or 2.

*spoilers* It doesn't end with rainbows and smiles, but it's still great. As this review says "After the insanely bleak ending, you may want to stock up on Zoloft. And puppies. And kittens. And ice cream." *end spoilers*
    Last edited by ScubaSteve; 05-Apr-2008 at 05:27.

I saw it. Thought I don't see many movies, I thought it was decent. Overall it was pretty enjoyable. If I had any free time, maybe I'd read the book.

I always wanted them to make a movie of this, in fact, after I read the book years and years and years ago, I knew they were going to make a movie of it, I didn't know how long it woul'd take for them to, but I knew they were going to....

Quote Originally Posted by chevre View Post
    I saw it. Thought I don't see many movies, I thought it was decent. Overall it was pretty enjoyable. If I had any free time, maybe I'd read the book.
    Dude, then you in for a surprise, as the movie is soooooooooooooooooooooo much different than the book, esp, the ending, the ending in the movie was th last thing I would ever expect for the movie, literally..... :metallicblue:

But my favourite movie of all that is from a Stephen King book has to be......... IT!!!!!!!!

I rented it and I hated the movie. It really made me just want to jump on my PC and play my Half-Life games. The thing that made me hate it is the creatures did not look slightly real at all even if they did look "cool" I am Legend also had this problem with anything they made in CG. I could tell where the plot was heading. I am not sure what I was expecting but if I want to see a movie about people locked into a store surrounded by monsters I will watch the new "Dawn Of The Dead".

I am truly sorry but the best part of the movie was that Dark Tower poster at the very start of the film. At least for me anyway.