Thread: Manifesto's?

Default Manifesto's?

Has anyone here read any of the most famous manifesto's of mankind? Ie: the communist, deceleration of the rights of man and citizen, etc?

Has anyone here ever wrote their own manifesto? I am currently working on one.

For now, I would advise calling it something other than a manifesto. The term just brings the Uni-bommer to mind. I purposely mis-spelled that. Internet conspreerasee theery.

Just stick with 'thesis' or some equivalent; not 'manifesto'.

That aside, what will issues & topics will it cover?

I'm not even entirely sure what a Manifesto is, but I think I'd want one. It just sounds like a spectacular thing to have, wouldn't you say? I know I would. A small amount of effort on my part could be used to find out exactly what it is, but the post on top of mine indicates that it's like a thesis. Well that doesn't sound entirely interesting. The post on top of that used a lot of largeish words which also did sound very entertaining. I think I'd write my Manifesto about something much more better. Like... uh... alright, thesis statement, here goes...

Cheese, and why it's better than anything you can immediately thing of.

Instant classic right there. Probably the best Manifesto which has yet to have been written. You being unable to think of something better just proves my point. I think I'll include that in there.

Also, this YouTube - Boy Meets World:Eric Matthews Clip-"Plays with squirrels"

Mine is about making a greener change, but a change in which both the enviromentalists and capitalists have their own ways. Something close to that at least. I was watching Earth 2100 on the History channel and it made me think.

I've written a Manifesto. When I was elected to the Scottish Youth Parliament then I needed one, so that people would know what I was standing for and why they should vote for me

Which they did, cos I got in!

Yes. I have read the Communist Manifesto. My edition had a rather interesting forward by a British professor explaining how Marx himself was actually not a Communist. The Manifesto is about Marxism - not modern day Communism - and how Marx would not be considered a Communist by today's standards. Another book I would like to finish is Mein Kampf, written by Adolf Hitler. I never actually finished it by the due date. The first chapters are very interesting. You see how Hitler develops as a youth and becomes such a nationalist.

I have read all the ones you have listed because (not trying to sound corny) i believe knowladge is power !

i plan to write my own manifesto someday but i have ad revelations it would destroy society as we know it ... im not sure i want this to happen yet ^_^

Nothing beats the hackers manifesto

Quote Originally Posted by The Mentor
    Another one got caught today, it's all over the papers. "Teenager Arrested in Computer Crime Scandal", "Hacker Arrested after Bank Tampering"...

Damn kids. They're all alike.

But did you, in your three-piece psychology and 1950's technobrain, ever take a look behind the eyes of the hacker? Did you ever wonder what made him tick, what forces shaped him, what may have molded him?

I am a hacker, enter my world...

Mine is a world that begins with school... I'm smarter than most of the other kids, this crap they teach us bores me...

Damn underachiever. They're all alike.

I'm in junior high or high school. I've listened to teachers explain for the fifteenth time how to reduce a fraction. I understand it. "No, Ms. Smith, I didn't show my work. I did it in my head..."

Damn kid. Probably copied it. They're all alike.

I made a discovery today. I found a computer. Wait a second, this is cool. It does what I want it to. If it makes a mistake, it's because I screwed it up. Not because it doesn't like me... Or feels threatened by me.. Or thinks I'm a smart ass.. Or doesn't like teaching and shouldn't be here...

Damn kid. All he does is play games. They're all alike.

And then it happened... a door opened to a world... rushing through the phone line like heroin through an addict's veins, an electronic pulse is sent out, a refuge from the day-to-day incompetencies is sought... a board is found. "This is it... this is where I belong..." I know everyone here... even if I've never met them, never talked to them, may never hear from them again... I know you all...

Damn kid. Tying up the phone line again. They're all alike...

You bet your ass we're all alike... we've been spoon-fed baby food at school when we hungered for steak... the bits of meat that you did let slip through were pre-chewed and tasteless. We've been dominated by sadists, or ignored by the apathetic. The few that had something to teach found us willing pupils, but those few are like drops of water in the desert.

This is our world now... the world of the electron and the switch, the beauty of the baud. We make use of a service already existing without paying for what could be dirt-cheap if it wasn't run by profiteering gluttons, and you call us criminals. We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge... and you call us criminals. We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias... and you call us criminals. You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals.

Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.

I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You may stop this individual, but you can't stop us all... after all, we're all alike.