View Poll Results: And the Winner IS?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Alabama Crimson Tide

7 87.50%
  • 2 Texas Longhorns

1 12.50%

Thread: 2010 BCS National Championship Poll: 2 Texas Longhorns vs. 1 Alabama Crimson Tide

Default 2010 BCS National Championship Poll: 2 Texas Longhorns vs. 1 Alabama Crimson Tide

Tomorrow is the BCS National Championship between two great teams in the Texas Longhorns and the Alabama Crimson Tide. Texas is the #2 Ranked Team and features a candid Heismann finalist QB in Colt McCoy. Texas last won the National Championship in 2006. #1 Alabama Crimson Tide features the 2010 Heismann Trophy Winner in RB Mark Ingram and features 1x National Championship winning Head Coach Nick Saban. This is a very competitive game featuring two undefeated teams and will be very intense. Who wins?

Am I the only one that find is silly that, in American college football, you can go undefeated and not be the national champion? The whole concept of the zillion meaningless bowl games is something I am just to stupid to understand, I guess...

Anyway, for me this whole national championship thing in NCAA football is just, well, arbitrary.

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    Am I the only one that find is silly that, in American college football, you can go undefeated and not be the national champion? The whole concept of the zillion meaningless bowl games is something I am just to stupid to understand, I guess...

Anyway, for me this whole national championship thing in NCAA football is just, well, arbitrary.
    How would it be possible to have three or four people in the nation championship?

I believe these are by far the best teams in NCAA Football. You have to factor in opponents and other factors too. Florida showed Cincy that they don't belong undefeated.
    Last edited by GoodNite; 07-Jan-2010 at 04:05.

Yes, Goodnite, it sure depends in which conference one plays. The Big East was greatly weakened when Miami, Boston College, and Virginia Tech left for the ACC. Who would have guessed that Virginia Tech would establish the win record which they have. Example, beating both Boston College and Miami this year.

That said, the SEC is extremely formidable. For that reason alone, I must go with Alabama. But Texas has a great tradition for winning games.

All I gotta say is "Roll Tide!" because of what Texas did to my Buckeyes. I hope the horns get obliterated. And since there was no poll for the sugar bowl, all I gotta say is, Brian Kelly let the Bearcats down by not coaching their bowl game. It's not like ND is playing a bowl game this year.

If the true freshman had actually won that game it would have been a real shocking game and also the second National Championship that Colt McCoy had won on the sidelines. But a great game although I only watched the first half and the end. Congrats to the Crimson Tide but I truly wish that the University of Miami will be in the National Championship in the near future. I hope!

lol this is all so funny all these people talking about the game and only one texan and i live in alabama but i HATE this state and the football team doesnt deserve to win anything makes me mad seeing as how bama wont the game and watch what i say bama wont do it 2 years in a row