Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Conservapedia the biggest troll board

Default Conservapedia the biggest troll board

Ok so there seems to be some conservatives that believe that Wikipedia is to Liberal so they created there own encyclopedia called Conservapedia Conservapedia
    now there is so much patriotism in this site it makes me sick, but I have come to the conclusion that thi[/B]s site is riddled with Trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    Ok so there seems to be some conservatives that believe that Wikipedia is to Liberal so they created there own encyclopedia called Conservapedia Conservapedia
    now there is so much patriotism in this site it makes me sick, but I have come to the conclusion that thi[/B]s site is riddled with Trolls.
    Let both fringes create their own prisons bastions and congregate there.

Back in the day, Yahoo (I think) was at the center of a swirling crap-storm for allowing the creation of a Nazi group. My take on it was (and still is), let them do that. Anyone going there knows what to expect, and hopefully it acts like a magnet for the extremists.

So, yes, I rather like the notion of Conservapedia existing. If I want a completely nutty Right view of things, I'll go there (or to Fox News). If I want a totally warped Left view of things, I'll go elsewhere.

Mako

Conservapedia was created in earnest, but there is a game amongst many people on the internet to edit in something completely outrageously and radically conservative, to see if they buy it.

They're also editing their own bible as well, since Jesus is much too liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by h3g3l View Post
    Let both fringes create their own prisons bastions and congregate there.

Back in the day, Yahoo (I think) was at the center of a swirling crap-storm for allowing the creation of a Nazi group. My take on it was (and still is), let them do that. Anyone going there knows what to expect, and hopefully it acts like a magnet for the extremists.

So, yes, I rather like the notion of Conservapedia existing. If I want a completely nutty Right view of things, I'll go there (or to Fox News). If I want a totally warped Left view of things, I'll go elsewhere.
    Absolutely!!! More to the point, then you know where to find them if things go off track!

I've often wondered why local police don't just position a car at the local watering hole(s) at closing time. If drunk driving is such a problem, why not just go where the drunks are? I mean, its not that hard.

It is a site you want to visit if you wnat to have a good laugh. Especially topics like "terrorists" "Democrats" "Islam" and "comunism" are nvery funny articles to read.

Oh dear!
    Only going after information that is likely to confirm your own current beliefs is very dangerous, not to mention pathetic.
    Still, it's no worse than watching Fox "News" or reading the Daily Mail.

Olivia

Biggest troll no that title goes to Ed as it has led many to hating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    Your point?

I can go make liberalpedia even though I lean conservative. Just like how liberals could make conservapedia. Just because it says conservative doesn't mean the person/people that wrote it really are. It would be like thinking "Stephen Colbert" is actually conservative.

Mako

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Your point?

I can go make liberalpedia even though I lean conservative. Just like how liberals could make conservapedia. Just because it says conservative doesn't mean the person/people that wrote it really are. It would be like thinking "Stephen Colbert" is actually conservative.
    I like the fox news-esque post here. You're trying to imply if not outright claim that conservapedia is actually just a liberal parody. The rest of the internet may troll these crazies, but it's founding, moderating, and administration are completely legit.

It was founded by Andy Schlafly, a die-hard bigoted Christian Conservative who was butt-hurt that his baseless and bias beliefs were edited out of wikipedia articles. So he created his own version.

I'd really wish you'd get in the habit of researching your statements before you post.