Thread: Old adult diaper magazine ads

Default Old adult diaper magazine ads

Below I've posted some photos of adult diaper, protective underwear and bladder pad magazine ads from the past twenty years or so. I copied these photos from an eBay seller of vintage ads. The first one, the drawing of Attends undergarments, I enjoyed very much as a kid. I really liked how the padding flared out around the woman's bottom. Attends also had a similar ad with a drawing of a woman wearing a diaper/fitted brief as she laid down, sat and stood but eBay didn't have that ad. The final ad below isn't for diapers but rather a disposable garment that looks almost exactly like protective underwear that was designed to be used by women for heavy menstrual flow (I wonder how well it sold). If anyone else has similar ads, please post them as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	off16.jpeg 
Views:	3949 
Size:	9.7 KB 
ID:	624   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	off5.jpeg 
Views:	3275 
Size:	9.2 KB 
ID:	625   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	off6.jpeg 
Views:	4410 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	626   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	off13.jpeg 
Views:	2479 
Size:	7.8 KB 
ID:	627   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	off15.jpeg 
Views:	2807 
Size:	8.6 KB 
ID:	628  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	off20.jpeg 
Views:	4460 
Size:	8.5 KB 
ID:	629   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	off23.jpeg 
Views:	20992 
Size:	8.2 KB 
ID:	630   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	off30.jpeg 
Views:	40938 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	631  

I have some of thoes kotex undies I got them at big lots for $2 for a boxs That are good for holding a baby diaper in place. Anouther good use is to poop in you can throw them away.

I recall they made some disposable underwear for menstrual periods.

I have some of thoes kotex undies I got them at big lots for $2 for a boxs That are good for holding a baby diaper in place. Anouther good use is to poop in you can throw them away.

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

That is wat thay are

I used to love the Depends commercials with June Allison back in the 80s. Their catch phrase was get back into life with Depends. I saw her in one of the pictures holding the old Depends green diaper and it brought back some fond memories.

angelabauer

Quote Originally Posted by doubledbbw View Post
    I used to love the Depends commercials with June Allison back in the 80s. Their catch phrase was get back into life with Depends. I saw her in one of the pictures holding the old Depends green diaper and it brought back some fond memories.
    Indeed, it were those adorable Depend TV commercials with the ever-popular June Allyson (the way she always spelled her name) that quickly caused Attends to be removed by many stores. I have seldom worn any Depend products mostly because they never made quality diapers small enough to fit me. The first time I saw a June Allyson commercial I had no idea who she was and why folks my grandparents' age enjoyed her.

Subsequently I have watched a whole lot of June Allyson's films from the '40s and '50s. She sang fairly well and danced enough to get by in musicals. She also specialized in playing the understanding and supportive wife. June did that 3 times with James Stewart. Remember "The Glenn Miller Story"?

I have long been an Attends gal, yet I have gotten past resenting June Allyson for promoting Depend. Bummer way back when P&G owned Attends they did not have the guts to hire their own aging movie star for TV commercials. In 1980 there must have been a wide selection available!

Elli

I'm curious about the ad with the woman in pink, holding a blue, six-tape nappy.

Is the ad for that pictured nappy? (I cannot zoom in enough without making the writing too blurred to read).

What does the advertising slogan say? And the writing below?

Thing is, I cannot imagine how they'd advertise a nappy (or absorbant undergarment) that looks pretty big and not slim and discreet looking. I know people need thicker, more effective products too, but most adverts seem to big-up the discreet factor and slim-line fit. This one seems to show the opposite! I'm not sure of I'm slightly weirded out by the ad, but I am certainly curious none-the-less.

Elli--I also can't zoom into the paragraphs below. The slogan is "Finally protection Mom and I can live with" and it advertises "new" Depend fitted briefs. I know what you mean about the diaper looking very large but my guess is that this was done to differentiate it from the undergarments, so that you know this is going to be a full, thick, diaper-like protection all around your torso and not a less substantial undergarment. It looks like they took a large diaper and just folded it out to make it look as big as possible. I'm not too familiar with the history of adult disposable diapers but I believe that Depend introduced them; perhaps this was their introductory advertising campaign (can someone elucidate?).