Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RUPadded issues

Default RUPadded issues

If you got issues or problems on RUPadded website talk about it here

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

as of now I cannot logon RUPadded & the CAPTION Word bar won't load due to error
    user log in keeps failing too & password recovery won't load.

is RUP not ready to run yet or still under construction?

I think it may have been fixed the site seems to be running fine..

the site is fine as of right now, consider emailing the mods at RUpadded to get some help with that

RUP works it's just very slow, don't go there if you don't have the time or a slow connection.

It takes a little time to get used to the new format but if ure used to using facebook its fine. Its better then no site right ?

The site has been down for almost 3 days here..
    I wish when they did the changes they would have changed the who is on line you could click on the person and there location would show so you did not have to bring there profile up to find there location

pamperchu

That site is a slow pile of junk. They should really just switch back the the old ABY system.

Quote Originally Posted by babimikey004 View Post
    i don't like what they have done to the site.

Yep, I'm not keen on RUP either. It started out looking something like aby.com. Aby.com was amazingly popular because it was so simple. Too many "webmasters" get a little bit involved in learning website tricks, and rather than figuring what they just learned might not be needed on the site, they chuck it in anyway. Too many sites lose their original intuitive layout, and because of it some of their users - RUP's heading that way.

Come back aby.com ... all's forgiven ... that's if there was anything to forgive in the first place ... other than speed some days.

Quote Originally Posted by PlasticPant View Post
    Too many "webmasters" get a little bit involved in learning website tricks, and rather than figuring what they just learned might not be needed on the site, they chuck it in anyway. Too many sites lose their original intuitive layout, and because of it some of their users - RUP's heading that way.

Come back aby.com ... all's forgiven ... that's if there was anything to forgive in the first place ... other than speed some days.
    I am actually going to have to disagree on this one.

I am a big facebook user (as are many people my age and younger) so the layout of RU is very familiar and intuitive to me, and anyone else who uses facebook.

most sites that are older have archaic systems for uploading photos, managing contacts, mail and other such things.

RU's is really simple and fast (when it works) for instance, I can mass upload photos with a flash uploader, rather at that painful one at a time pace, like most websites.

it also has status updates, and a "wall" just like facebook, which is a far more intuitive way to organize photos and comments directed at a person.

plus integrating an IM function (again like facebook) allows me to chat privately with people within the website and not have to give out my MSN to the creeps who I would rather not talk to.

maybe some older people might find it complicated, but most younger people should find it to be very intuitive. not perfect by any stretch, but familiar to many.

however it has been down for three days now (if that has something to do with the new format, then maybe they do need to fix it)