Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting the most out of your Diaper

Default Getting the most out of your Diaper

when you wet, at night or in the day, how do you get the most use out of your diaper?

i mean like, do you wet standing up, sitting down, lying down,
    at night on your side, back or front?

i dont really get much change to wear/use so when i do i would like to get the best feeling and the diapers full potential

When ever i have to wet in a diaper im either sitting asleep or laying down asleep so i really do not have a choice those times, but if im trying to avoid a leak and im sitting ill either try to make sure the legs feel tight or ill sit up a little so there is absorption room in the rear, and for when laying down on my stomach i think its easier to lift your tummy a lil so that you expedite flow to the top front and vicea versa for the reverse and laying on you back. There really isn't too much of a trick to it, eventually liquid will expand everywhere.

Elli

With day-time use, very often the furthest-back part of the padding is dry when the front/middle cannot handle anymore.

To fully use it all, I think you'd have to think about position and move around different ways! Maybe playing 'Twister' while wearing is the answer!

Occasionally, I have been lying on my back, for example watching TV, and I have consciously used the nappy just to make the most of the chance to fill up the back a bit. But generally, I just change the nappy when it's no more use, it's at risk of leaking and I need to 'go'.

At the risk of re-stating the obvious though, using the nappy in small, frequent bursts will make better use of its absorption potential because the liquid has more time to properly form into gel and to wick some liquid along more of the length of the padding.

If you gut it real good with a spoon and then use sandpaper on the inside plastic I think you can get almost all of it out.

Tyguy

Drink tons of water beforehand. Trust me, in 45 minutes to an hour and a half, you'll have to go every two minutes. I'm not exaggerating. Then wear a pair of briefs over the diaper to keep it close to you. Or you could just fill it up with warm water from the bathtub, that works too.

To get the most out out of it I'll sit in a way that basically just the front of the diaper gets wet, and then when it comes time to to go again, I stand to get the bottom (and if need be the back) of it wet. This gives equal-ish wetness and minimum leakage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyguy View Post
    Drink tons of water beforehand. Trust me, in 45 minutes to an hour and a half, you'll have to go every two minutes. I'm not exaggerating. Then wear a pair of briefs over the diaper to keep it close to you. Or you could just fill it up with warm water from the bathtub, that works too.
    I work at a marina with 3 bars. One time, I ordered "extra" hot buffalo wings during lunch break. They didn't spare me anything. I was given 3 times the normal amount of wings, all thoroughly soaked in chili paste and habanero sauce. I must have drank 5-6 large glasses of water/soda to be able to get it all down, because I had to pee at least 3-4 times in a row within 15 minutes. This will definitely work.

I don't try to get the most out of it, but I find if I use it while sitting it manages to use quite a bit more than if I am up and about.
    Also try not go like you would in the bathroom, it's not a toilet so don't let everything out at once.

Quote Originally Posted by babybecky View Post
    when you wet, at night or in the day, how do you get the most use out of your diaper?

i mean like, do you wet standing up, sitting down, lying down,
    at night on your side, back or front?

i dont really get much change to wear/use so when i do i would like to get the best feeling and the diapers full potential
    Understood. But please understand that the answer will depend on anatomy (you report "female"), position, use, diaper type, and so forth.

I would imagine--not having a vagina of my own (awwww)--that the crotch/back of your diaper would take the biggest beating while you sleep. I would advise, if you want to sleep in a diaper and wake up in a thoroughly wet one, you first lie on your stomach and wet the front padding. This will not lend itself to being especially wet outside of the wick effect from an anatomical standpoint.

I would also advise going no-grass, if you catch my drift. I'm not sure how you feel about this, but it seems that you may want to get full diaper-on-skin exposure. This would be a pathway to that, as well as not trapping odors and so forth.

I would advise AGAINST lying on your side at night in a disposable. Many do not have any/ample side-padding, and many a leak has happened from people sleeping on their sides at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Elli View Post
    With day-time use, very often the furthest-back part of the padding is dry when the front/middle cannot handle anymore.

To fully use it all, I think you'd have to think about position and move around different ways! Maybe playing 'Twister' while wearing is the answer!

Occasionally, I have been lying on my back, for example watching TV, and I have consciously used the nappy just to make the most of the chance to fill up the back a bit. But generally, I just change the nappy when it's no more use, it's at risk of leaking and I need to 'go'.

At the risk of re-stating the obvious though, using the nappy in small, frequent bursts will make better use of its absorption potential because the liquid has more time to properly form into gel and to wick some liquid along more of the length of the padding.
    Second the "Twister" notion.

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blanch View Post
    If you gut it real good with a spoon and then use sandpaper on the inside plastic I think you can get almost all of it out.
    Beautiful. I just threw up a bit in my mouth.

Actually, I just had a really scratchy feeling in my throat because I inhaled fluff from a torn diaper when I was ~10. It was unintentional, but now whenever I even see diapers, I have a dry and scratchy throat.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyguy View Post
    Just don't do anything dumb like give yourself water poisoning. It's possible. In a soaked (and crapped-in, as your bowels release upon death) diaper is NOT exactly a glamorous way to go out of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by h3g3l View Post
    Actually, I just had a really scratchy feeling in my throat because I inhaled fluff from a torn diaper when I was ~10. It was unintentional, but now whenever I even see diapers, I have a dry and scratchy throat.
    I can imagine that the scratchiness would not stack well with the vomit in your throat!

I was referring to the dry stage. I'm now having trouble seeing it any other way. And so,

Quote Originally Posted by h3g3l View Post
    Beautiful. I just threw up a bit in my mouth.