Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm beginning to have suspicions about someone! :p

Default I'm beginning to have suspicions about someone! :p

Basically, there's a friend (let's call him 'x') of the family who I added on FB. He's in love with a woman ('y') in another country, who he *claims* he met on Mafia Wars (possibly the same way I claim to have met my GF on a 'forum'). That's sweet, I guess. But look at his status, and her response;

Quote Originally Posted by X
    x is so in love with his wife Y. You make me the happiest man alive baby. You complete me. Youre all my dreams come true, everything i could ever wish for. I love you so much baby, always and forever xxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Y
    Aww babyx I am so deeply in love with you too. You are the most special and important person ever to me. You make me the happiest woman alive. I am so proud to have you as my baby and husband xxxxxx I love you so much my precious baby xxxxx Forever your wife and baby xxxxxx Y xxxxx
    What do you notice about the two posts (other than the fact that they're UTTER MUSH)?

Yeah. 'Baby'.

This isn't just a onetime thing, the only nickname they EVER give each other is baby. Not sweetie, or hun, or angel...ALWAYS baby!

And I think it's interesting to see that they write 'husband/wife AND baby' (there are other messages with X saying basically what Y is saying) to make it clear there's a distinction, and say 'have you as my baby' rather than just 'hey baby' or 'aww, baby!'

I'm probably just reading into this, but it gave me a laugh, what do you guys and girls think? x

Elli

Yeah, the most likely thing is that you're reading into it, but I can see what you mean and see how it might stand out to you when you read it. I like how you call it 'utter mush'!! I agree there! Man, I've been told to get a chatroom before for saying far, far less mushy things!

BabyYuri

There totally an AB couple thats so clear i mean "AND baby" clearly to them theres is a total differenc

Are you familiar with pop music at all? There must be an awful lot of AB/DL musicians out there

BabyYuri

Trevor: YH pop music says "baby" a lot but it's the ONLY thing they say like X and Y. Then there is that clear distinction that they adress, plus if there always saying "my baby" and nothing else then there is clearly a reason y other then just gushyiness!

Quote Originally Posted by BabyYuri View Post
    Trevor: YH pop music says "baby" a lot but it's the ONLY thing they say like X and Y. Then there is that clear distinction that they adress, plus if there always saying "my baby" and nothing else then there is clearly a reason y other then just gushyiness!
    Searching for "baby" in song lyrics isn't all that easy because it's such a common word, but there were some songs or artists that came to mind or quickly to the searches. It's common mushy parlance and couples settle into rythms of speech. Not saying it's impossible for them to have an AB interest, I just don't think this points to it in any meaningful way. Just a few examples:

Be My Baby - Ronettes

Always Be My Baby - Mariah Carey

Baby, It's You - The Shirelles

Baby, Let's Play House - Elvis Presley

One more from the King, which covers both AB/DL and furry territory:

Teddy Bear - Elvis Presely

Elli

You do have a good point there Trevor!

BabyYuri

Tervor you make a strong point! But at the same time the entire situation is odd. To say that they met on mafia wars!! No saying its impossible but it's just a bit off ya no? Then the whole baby thing just seems to add that there seems to be sumthing else there. But who knows just a funny thing to notice!

Quote Originally Posted by BabyYuri View Post
    Tervor you make a strong point! But at the same time the entire situation is odd. To say that they met on mafia wars!! No saying its impossible but it's just a bit off ya no? Then the whole baby thing just seems to add that there seems to be sumthing else there. But who knows just a funny thing to notice!
    To me its a online crush which happens alot when you meet someone you like, then she is just calling him baby like they do in pop songs. Trying to make it into something more then that is, just well insane.

Plus in anycase, it doesn't matter to any of us since this is about two people outside of Adisc who most likely never even had a fleeting thought of wearing diapers.