Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Itouch case?

Default Itouch case?

I am looking to buy a case for my itouch the newest version btw. I am choosing between the leather flip case and the crystal clear shell. I want opinions here folks! If you have either or, what do you think of them? I do have one question though... How well does the leather one slide in and out of your pocket compared to the clear one?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    I am looking to buy a case for my itouch the newest version btw. I am choosing between the leather flip case and the crystal clear shell. I want opinions here folks! If you have either or, what do you think of them? I do have one question though... How well does the leather one slide in and out of your pocket compared to the clear one?

Thanks!
    Hello, there is quite alot of leather one's, can you put in here some picture's of the two that your going to choose from, the one below is the one that i bought and it slide's in and out of your pocket, ive neverv seen a crystal one before.

I had one of the totally clear shells (complete with the part that goes OVER the screen). It works fine but the problem is you can't stick it in the docks with the cover in place. If you're just going to use it with the cord, that's not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by fallout3 View Post
    Hello, there is quite alot of leather one's, can you put in here some picture's of the two that your going to choose from, the one below is the one that i bought and it slide's in and out of your pocket, ive neverv seen a crystal one before.
    This is the one i'm looking at

iPod Touch 2nd and 3rd Generation Flip Leather Case - TuchiFlip2 Black

I have noticed that most leather ones have magnets on a flap to hold the cover down in place...does this mess up the ipod at all? The last time I checked magnets were bad for computers.

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    This is the one i'm looking at

iPod Touch 2nd and 3rd Generation Flip Leather Case - TuchiFlip2 Black

I have noticed that most leather ones have magnets on a flap to hold the cover down in place...does this mess up the ipod at all? The last time I checked magnets were bad for computers.
    It has been said many time's before that after flipping the lid down the screen goes blanck, but i think this is highly unlikely, considering if it was happening there would be something on the news about it, Also i pod earphone's have got magnets in them and they havent been said to cause any damage to i pod's, so i think you will have no problem's with the case above.

Ooooh, my brother would yell at you so bad for calling it an iTouch . I'll assume you got it for Christmas since it's the day after, I got one too, high-five! I finally gave in and decided to ask for an iPod.... after several years of fighting conformity, I figured they must actually be good if everyone likes them so much. I never understood the purpose of a case for it though, why bother getting a case to protect the iPod's looks, when you're hiding the looks anyways?

And as to the magnets, the only reason they are bad for traditional computers, is the hard disk, I believe, and the old CRT monitors. The iPod touch has neither, as it uses flash memory and an LCD screen. And if a lot of cases have magnets and they were bad, I think one would hear about it in the news and stuff.

I would go with a leather (or imitation leather as it probably is). They're good for the pockets, and they'll give some traction for surfaces. Belkin : Leather Folio Case for iPod touch is similar to what I have for my Touch, minus the cover. Also, I think leather would be better for protection for drops, as it would cushion the impact (the longer it takes for something to stop, the less force exerted on it, hence padded/soft dashboard and steering wheels in cars). I wouldn't get a rubber case (which I know you didn't mention). I have it for my iPhone, and it's a bitch getting in and out of my pocket, but it is cushion-y, and it has great traction. I'd put a screen protector on your Touch too. Usually cases tend to come with them. If you want, you could get the Invisible Shield. It's scratch proof, although I find it unsightly. Get someone at the store to put it on (they'll do it for you at Best Buy, I think), otherwise it probably won't look great.

As for the magnets, they aren't that powerful. If there's anything that could be messed up inside the iPod, it's likely the magnetic field isn't strong enough to penetrate it, or effect it.

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
    Ooooh, my brother would yell at you so bad for calling it an iTouch . I'll assume you got it for Christmas since it's the day after, I got one too, high-five! I finally gave in and decided to ask for an iPod.... after several years of fighting conformity, I figured they must actually be good if everyone likes them so much. I never understood the purpose of a case for it though, why bother getting a case to protect the iPod's looks, when you're hiding the looks anyways?

And as to the magnets, the only reason they are bad for traditional computers, is the hard disk, I believe, and the old CRT monitors. The iPod touch has neither, as it uses flash memory and an LCD screen. And if a lot of cases have magnets and they were bad, I think one would hear about it in the news and stuff.

For the past 4 or 5 years i have beeen using the 1st gen. nano, so i decided it was time for an upgrade. Despite what people say, the very few, i think it is a good machine...hell i love it, so convenient and so many people use it, why screw yourself by getting a lessor known one with less stuff available for it? But I HATE the finger prints on the screen and back, which is why I want a case :P

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    I would go with a leather (or imitation leather as it probably is). They're good for the pockets, and they'll give some traction for surfaces. Belkin : Leather Folio Case for iPod touch is similar to what I have for my Touch, minus the cover. Also, I think leather would be better for protection for drops, as it would cushion the impact (the longer it takes for something to stop, the less force exerted on it, hence padded/soft dashboard and steering wheels in cars). I wouldn't get a rubber case (which I know you didn't mention). I have it for my iPhone, and it's a bitch getting in and out of my pocket, but it is cushion-y, and it has great traction. I'd put a screen protector on your Touch too. Usually cases tend to come with them. If you want, you could get the Invisible Shield. It's scratch proof, although I find it unsightly. Get someone at the store to put it on (they'll do it for you at Best Buy, I think), otherwise it probably won't look great.

As for the magnets, they aren't that powerful. If there's anything that could be messed up inside the iPod, it's likely the magnetic field isn't strong enough to penetrate it, or effect it.
    I hear ya, i hate when things get like "stuck" in my pockets, lol it is annoying as hell. Nice touch with the leather speech there "Cushions the fall" it makes sense and ya I am getting the screen protector, finger prints drive me nuts.

For anyone else thinking of getting an case for their iPod Touch, don't do what I did with my replacement iPod and get a silicone case. Dirt gets stuck under it so easy, and scratches the iPod if you move the case, defeating half the point of the case.

Just an FYI...The hard acrylic cases (like the clear ones) tend to scratch the heck out of the iPhone/iPod Touch. Dirt gets in between the unit and the case and wears on the black plastic backing.

I've got a rubber one like this:

That I've had for 9 months. No scratches even after a couple hard falls, and the rubber is nice and grippy, keeping it from sliding out of your hand/pocket/etc. It was only $5 on eBay, too.