Thread: First post here.....

Default First post here.....

Hello there.

I am a 30yo gay male AB. I also am a huge movie / anime / video gaming fanatic, who also enjoys working out at the Y (usually twice a day), hiking mountain trails during the summer, cooking good meals and entertaining family and friends, and volunteering for a few different organizations.

I plan on being a FT student starting in the spring quarter (I would have started last fall, but financial aid snags did come up). I am very interested in learning a couple of languages (Japanese definitely, and perhaps Mandarin and Cantonese next), but as far as what I want a degree in, I think I will take a few classes and see where my strength lies in, and go from there.

I found this site through Bing, and I am impressed by the focus on socializing that came through in the FAQ. I am not one to look for cheap hook-ups. I would like to make some friends with similar interests. I am in the market for a LTR, but I think, for now, I am more interested in expanding my social circle before I go into that realm.

I hope I can fit in here just fine. Take care, and Merry Christmas to you all! It's 6AM here, and in a few hours, I will be with my family (which I value very much). Hope today is as nice for you as it will be for me.

I hope you'll find the place to your liking. It's certainly not perfect, but I think you're right about the social (and support) focus vs. something more fetish-driven. It's what attracted me here in the first place and I've made contact with people here that I consider friends, which is really more than I ever expected. Read around, get a feel for the place, and pitch in with your experiences and opinions where you can. Have fun!

Hello Kaworuchan!
    Good introduction, btw.
    I'm forever amazed at how folks from all over the world can so easily meet and converse from their 'puter monitors (though the time zones can be a hitch!).

Hope the Holiday Season's chaos is being kind to you!?

Thank you, all, for welcoming me into this community. It seems to me like I will fit in here just fine, and I am thankful for that. :-)

Welcome to ADISC! Hope you enjoy it here and you enjoy our supporting community. Peace and Love

Welcome! Hope to see you around the forum more