Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Concealed Weapon or...

Default Concealed Weapon or...

Came across this image for tips on identifying someone carrying a concealed weapon.

It occurred to me that a number of those "tells" would also line up with a nervous diaper wearer. Can anyone think of other items or situations that might produce these kinds of false positives? How many people out there are looking like they're packin' heat?

Almost all of that happens when I put my PSP or DS in my coat pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Came across this image for tips on identifying someone carrying a concealed weapon.

It occurred to me that a number of those "tells" would also line up with a nervous diaper wearer. Can anyone think of other items or situations that might produce these kinds of false positives? How many people out there are looking like they're packin' heat?
    Never even considered using this to indicate someone wearing a diaper, and I don't really see how it could?

As for the gait and clothing used by folks having a concealed weapon, 'Yep!' In the Corps., during a brief stint with the MP's, (and I'm talking the mid 80's here!), we were shown and given practical application of this for sizing up the situation when called to a ruckus at the E-Club, or even (MUCH rarer!), when a nearby civilian bar sent out a request for removing some rowdy soldiers! But then, it was mostly knives, and not firearms.

My how times have changed!

As for wearing a diaper in public, my clothing is loose, and comfortable, and (esp. here in Oregon!), when it's raining, my weather-gear is more so! No running for me, or 'clutching' my undergarment!

Bucephalus

I've been known to tuck a book under my coat when it's raining, or when the book in question is a smutty novel that I don't want people seeing. I'll hold it under my arm so it's basically not visible, but I imagine it looks a bit like I'm wearing a shoulder holster...

Then again, I actually have a CCW permit, so it's kind of ironic.

Being a hoodie enthusiast and an owner of an old, heavy 30gb Zune, I have to say that....apparently I look like a hoodlum!

If I have anything in a coat pocket that doesn't have a zip I'll definitely look like many of those...

I like the idea of the police approaching people who are wearing mismatching styles, or inappropriate clothing for the season.
    "That jumper with those trousers? I'm afraid you'll have to come with me sir."

Quote Originally Posted by Bucephalus View Post
    Never even considered using this to indicate someone wearing a diaper, and I don't really see how it could?
    It struck me mostly in terms of the clothing tells, but also in terms of the asymmetrical gait. Perhaps a waddle isn't necessarily asymmetrical, but it is a bit of a different walk, and it seemed possible to confuse one for the other if one was looking for suspiciousness. The prototypical nervous public diaper wearer is certainly conscious of hiding something, which might be the biggest tell of all.

Quote Originally Posted by satinprincess View Post
    Then again, I actually have a CCW permit, so it's kind of ironic.
    Just curious, but why would you want to carry a concealed gun?