Thread: Greetings and Salutations!

Default Greetings and Salutations!

Hello Everyone!
    *ahem* (feeling a bit awkward and shy)

I've been reading through this site's information and guidelines, so hope I won't make any terrible mistakes starting-off?
    I'll try to be concise, yet still provide enough information to be thorough.
    I am not exactly new to the Furry fandom, though I'm still very much in the closet. The more I learn, the more I enjoy the huge range of expression the genre allows.
    I found ADISC through researching various Furry Diaper sites and links. What struck me about ADISC is that 'Furry' isn't the main theme, though it is allowed and not frowned-upon. Hence, 'Here I is!' :-)

This next part might be T.M.I., but plays a pivotal role in why I'm here in the first place, so I hope you'll grant me some latitude.

I had a very bad childhood and young adult life. The worst of it was kept hidden-away till just a few years ago. A side effect of the returned memories is that I've developed IBS and have horrible G.I. troubles. About a year ago, I started having accidents, and began to wear protection. At first, it was only necessary at night (or when I tried to sleep), but the situation has gotten worse, and now I pretty much have to wear diapers 24/7, or risk humiliating myself when I'm in public.
    Needless to say, I was terribly upset about having to do this. At the time, there was no one, and nowhere, that I could turn towards, to seek help/advice/support. When I accepted that using diapers was just going to be a part of my life for the foreseeable future, I guess I decided that I had to deal with it, and make the best of the situation.
    A curious thing happened after this self-realization: I lost the self-loathing and despair about it all. In fact, when I don't 'NEED' the protection, I've discovered that wearing diapers actually makes me feel, well, 'Safe'.
    So, I began to look into the 'Good side' of them, and my Path lead to here!

I'm a middle-aged person (::GLARES:: at the gray hairs that are starting to show-up however!), in moderate health. I used to be far more physically active, before injuries sorta waylaid me! My hobbies include reading, writing, theology, history, nature, and, Critters! I used to be 'Owned' by a huge menagerie, but am now down to only three (two felines and one turtle!).
    I escaped the city life and chaos of 'California' just over a year ago, and have found a new home up in an amazingly green and MUCH calmer ranch in the foothills of the Cascadian Mountains, in Oregon.
    I love nothing better than to walk out amongst the tall woods, and am learning all I can about the local fauna and flora. I'm a 'Pagan' in my Belief, but have great respect towards anyone's own Path.

Well, I hope I wasn't too boring, or too talkative?

I look forward to getting to know this place better, and in meeting with you folks!

Welcome to adisc. You made a wonderful introduction. There actually are a lot of furry members here. I have an affinity to canines myself, and a strange way with animals. My dad was Lenni Lenape Indian, and that may be part of it. I say this just to let you know that you are among those who are in many ways, like you.

By and large we are a warm and accepting group, and very much supportive of each other. Feel free and comfortable to take part in the threads, posting and such.

I like that description. Thank you for the lifes story its actualy intresting to know. And welcome to adisc. Im sure you will injoy it here.

Very cool intro. Nice to meet you. I'm ..."ahem"...middle aged too, though except for the gray hairs cropping up you wouldn't know it. I'm also a student of nature and like the reference to flora and fauna. And,..drum roll please...I'm incon due to oab and ibs. Yeah it sucks at times, but I've learned to manage. Let me know if you want to swap ibs stories or anything else. Welcome aboard.

Welcome to ADISC! Hope you enjoy this site and its supportive members.. Peace and Love

Welcome, make yourself at home. We have plushies of all shapes and sizies and we have cookies!

I like your name. Alexander The Great was pretty awesome. I hope you have a great time on ADISC. Most people here are great.

Thanks everyone, for the kind replies. I'm still sorta lurking as I read through the different forums and stuff. There's so much more than I ever thought to consider! (In a good way, mind!)

Anyways, I hope you're all surviving the Holiday Season, and getting stoked for the New Year?!

Till next we meet!

Welcome Brucephalus to adisc, i can already tell your going to really like it here =)
    Last edited by SquishyTushy; 24-Dec-2009 at 02:16.

Default Hi! Bucephalus, Thanks for writing back.

I have to say I have yet to figure out exactly where to post things here so they fit in. That being said, thanks for writing back to me. We probably have a lot in common. First off, I too love critters. I'm down to one older cat now. At one time I had four house cats and one outdoor camper. All my indoor cats were adopted from animal shelters of found outdoors. I also have IBS - really bad at one point. It came on when I was in eighth grade and stayed with me until I got out of college. I'll post some stories of how that happened, etc. The root cause, other than I was probably pre-disposed to it by genetics, poor diet, alcohol and substance abuse, was STRESS. Mainly from bladder issues. The poor diet and alcohol, etc. was an attempt to self medicate. I also took a course of self designed behavior changes in the same vein, with disasterous results. Once I got out on my own, I managed to get my bladder issues to where I was actually comfortable (wearing a diaper when I felt I needed it or any other protective underwear). An interesting job I could immerse myself in, getting away from toxic family and friends, making new friends. I now live very a healthy lifestyle, eat right, exercise, avoid all alcohol, drugs, unnecessary medications, etc. My day bladder issues subsided (a neurogenic bladder) and IBS (constant bouts of diarrhea, abdominal pain, rectal irritation) has pretty much gone too. So best wishes for 2010. Ask any questions you like. There is now a lot of information on the internet about IBS and such issues. I have been wearing cloth diapers for some years now (mainly at night - overnight) and am happy with the results. Lately I got some adult sized "pocket diapers" and I am really pleased with them. They are really dry and comfortable for overnight, albeit a little bulky for daytime use. Bye for now.
    Last edited by KidDiamond; 27-Dec-2009 at 13:10. Reason: mis-spelled word