Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: four days in the dark

Default four days in the dark

Ok we got 14'' of snow and the power went out till today. It was a pain all my electronics died (phone mp3player camera and DS) We had to keep the fire going the whole time and kept our food in the snow so they stay cold. We played cards by candle light it was an experiance all right.

We still don't have heat but we have power and everything is charging.

Ok this ended yesterday and and I now have heat.

Hmm. What is TN or NC?What country would those be in?

I'm home in northern ontario right now, There's quite a bit of snow, but we ill get much more by the end of the season. Thankfully, I'm going back to snow-less toronto on the 9th of jan.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillhouse View Post
    Tennessee or North Carolina. They're in America (and border me)

Quote Originally Posted by Chillhouse View Post

I'm home in northern ontario right now, There's quite a bit of snow, but we ill get much more by the end of the season. Thankfully, I'm going back to snow-less toronto on the 9th of jan.

NC (North Carolina TN Tennessee) I'm in NC most of the time but my family has a house in TN and I'm there sometimes. This took place in NC.

That actually sounds like a fun experience. Was it at least sunny during those four days?

I feel your pain (minus the electrical outage)!

I live right outside of DC, and we received about 24" of snow!! UGH!! Finally, things are getting back to normal. Metrorail is finally back up and running, and people are not driving like such idiots (as they usually do around here).

Pojo, did you get hit hard?

You just described where I live (Westlake, Ohio) perfectly in the thick of winter. No power soooo, no nightlights?! You poor thing! *hugs*

We had some snow here. about 5 to 7 inches. had power the whole time though. I think the longest I've been without power was 6 hours on a summer day.

I feel your pain scoo. We got 12 and a half inches of snow, but at least we kept our power. One winter we lost it for 5 days. That was an adventure. We all slept in the family room and I woke up every 2 hours to feed the wood stove. I don't wish to ever go through that again. I tend to get really depressed without electricity. I think it's caused by the anxiety of not knowing when it's coming back on.

Yesterday, the day after the snow, I drove to Roanoke to pick up my mother in law and brother in law at the airport. They came in from Florida. We saw a number of accidents along the way, and a lot of stranded cars. We're finally getting back to normal, but they're predicting slush and ice for Christmas Eve. There's never a dull moment living in central Virginia.

I couldn't imagine 4 days with out power, that reminds me of the black-out we had some years ago and that wasn't 4 days , well good thing your a polar bear scoo, you can just hibernate through it ^_^