Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best cinematic experience 00-09

Arrow Best cinematic experience 00-09

Okay this is really killing me ... so please tell me ADISC what do you guys consider the BEST Movie that came out from 1-1-00 to 12-31-09, and please be reasonable .. explain why and be happy about it =)

For me ill either have to say The Dark Knight , because what a powerful revamping of a truly dark super hero

Or A Beautiful Mind because Jennifer Connelly stole my heart in it

Orr Mean Girls simply due to the fact that that movie rocks

Mako

I'll tell you when it comes out tomorrow. James fricken Cameron, hell yea.

Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post
    I'll tell you when it comes out tomorrow. James fricken Cameron, hell yea.
    Why does everyone like a movie that clearly rips off a rather bad 1990's Disney cartoon fantasy movie that had Robin Williams voicing a fruit bat?

James Cameron Presents: Fern Gully - CollegeHumor video

Anyways its impossible to say the best movie of the decade, at least for me.

Kill Bill vol 1 and 2 as a collective.
    Fantastic Mr fox
    the bourne saga
    revenge of the sith
    Mr and Ms Smith

I could go on and on.

Benjamin Button. I could watch that all day, and I have, more or less.

Regarding Avatar, it really only seems to have visuals and James Cameron's name going for it. The story seems pretty predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    Benjamin Button. I could watch that all day, and I have, more or less.

Regarding Avatar, it really only seems to have visuals and James Cameron's name going for it. The story seems pretty predictable.
    You saw it as a child most likely when it was called Ferngully, as I pointed out.

In regards to Avatar i actually hear that this is one of James Camerons most in depth works ... that he has been working the story since he was a teen and that the story is actually not predictable at all , that is quite unpredictable if you will..... and that it kinda leaves you speech-less

plus to bad Fern Gully doesn't count towards this poll that was a good one, oh and Fire2box did you hear about Kill Bill vol. 3 ?

Atonement - only movie i've ever cried on
    Dark Knight - A revolution in Super Hero movies
    Michael Clayton - Extremelly intricate and deep movie

My Personal Favortie of all time: Silence of the Lambs - truelly knows how to connect with the human psyche

Only movie's i ever cried on ; My Sassy Girl, Titanic, The Green Mile, 13 going on 30, A Beautiful Mind and hopefully i wont be able to think of any others >_<

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Why does everyone like a movie that clearly rips off a rather bad 1990's Disney cartoon fantasy movie that had Robin Williams voicing a fruit bat?
    I had no clue what Avatar was about but it does kinda seem like "FernGully: The Last Rainforest". (FernGully isn't Disney though) but anyway I am off topic.
    It is hard for me to remember back that far because I was 5th grade 1-1-00 so I will mention new movies and for me it would be Disney's "The Princess and the Frog". It is the first traditionally animated 2D animated movie Disney did since 2004s "Home on the Range" I saw it opening night with my Fiance and I laughed and cried just like when I was younger and watching movies like "The Lion King". It brings back the Broadway-style musical in the style of the successful Disney films like Walt's classics. For a true Disney fan this movie is really amazing.
    Sorry to ramble but I truly think I have a sick obsession with Disney lol