Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Drunk 4-year-old stealing presents in the early morning....

Default Drunk 4-year-old stealing presents in the early morning....

Didn't know if i wanted this in off-topics because of the potential heat off this.

Drunk Four Year Old Steals Christmas Presents | year, old, christmas - Local News - WTVC NewsChannel 9: Chattanooga News, Weather, Radar, Sports, Lottery

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (WTVC-TV) - A 4-year-old boy, beer in hand, is accused of stealing Christmas presents from his neighbors. It's a strange story, but also a sad one.

April Wright is 21 years old and is going through a divorce with her husband who is in jail. She says she is not sure how her 4-year-old managed to get out of the house, open a beer, and steal the neighbors presents from under their tree. Now she's just glad he's okay and says she won't let it happen again.

The child, Hayden Wright, was found around 1:45 am Tuesday, wandering the streets of his neighborhood. In a police reports, officers said he was wearing a little girl's dress and drinking a beer. The police report says the child had to be taken to the hospital to be treated for alcohol consumption.

April Wright said, "Biggest concern was him being out there, getting kidnapped, getting run over, the alcohol, having to have his stomach pumped."

Wright says she woke up that night at 1:45 am and panicked when she found Hayden was gone. She says she put safety devices on all the doors so her kids couldn't get out, but Hayden was able to break the safety device off the doorknob and get outside.

Once out, Wright says her four year old followed his father's footsteps and was found on Blue Spruce Road, drinking.

"He runs away trying to find his father," she said. "He wants to get in trouble so he can go to jail because that's where his daddy is."

The Hamilton County Sheriff's Office report says Hayden rang the doorbell a few houses down and the neighbor answered, finding the child holding a partially consumeed 12-ounce beer.

Wright said, "He got it out of my father's cooler in the back and how he got it open I don't understand because it was one of those tab beers."

But it doesn't stop there. The report said Hayden then snuck into a neighbor's house through an unlocked front door, and stole five wrapped Christmas gifts. One was a girl's brown dress which Hayden was wearing when police found him.

"Going to the neighbor's house and taking their presents, very embarrassing," said April.

She admits she was not just embarrassed, but scared, and rushed to the hospital that night with Hayden. She said she tries to be a good mother and loves her son, but now feels like a failure.

"Kids do things like this and it's out of your control, you can do the best you can as a mother, everyone makes mistakes, it was an honest mistake," she said.

Wright did meet with child protective services today who told her she will get to keep custody of Hayden.
    somewhere a long these lines there was a major parenting fail, either from the mother taking current care of him or the father who allegedly inspired him.

"Kids do things like this and it's out of your control,
    Haha.

Lady, your four year old son got drunk, broke into someone's house, and stole christmas presents. If you can't control your kid when he's 1/3 your size, what hope do you have when he's a teenager?

I think the kid should be taken away.

Loopygone

She admits she was not just embarrassed, but scared, and rushed to the hospital that night with Hayden. She said she tries to be a good mother and loves her son, but now feels like a failure.
    That's because she is a failure.

"Kids do things like this and it's out of your control, you can do the best you can as a mother, everyone makes mistakes, it was an honest mistake," she said.
    Yea take no real responsibility for your 4 yr old CHILD being outside at 1.45am, with beer (where did he get this from?!) breaking into houses. Kids eh, they just run around out of control and you can't do bugger all about it.
    How about trying to teach your kid good morals so he knows that "daddy" is a bad person, not someone to emulate.

GRRRRR makes me so angry, child protection should do something, that family situation can't be a very good one. At 27 I don't have any children, I don't believe I'm responsible enough to take on that burden.... then I read about people like this.

i hope the Poor kid isn't going to grow up in and out of jail cause of his father issues .... really sad

this isn't anyone's issue other than the mother's. kids learn the ability to mime and reciprocate what their parents do early on.

I chuckled at first.

But then I said "LADY WTF IS WRONG WIT U?!" Because really now....where the hell does she think the kid learned it from? Uhhh...duhhhhh. What happened to the innocent times? Is there really any hope for society?

Things like this really piss me off and make me want to have a kid just so I can introduce another NOT-STUPID person into society. Ughhhhhhh.... My brain hurts from thinking about it.

it was mentioned that they had tabs and devices to restrict the kids access. and lets be fair do you REALLY think she expected that to happen.

She says she put safety devices on all the doors so her kids couldn't get out, but Hayden was able to break the safety device off the doorknob and get outside.
    I have never heard of a safety device that locks your child in the house from the inside. I'm sure they exist, but why would you need one? This kid either has a history of running away from his stupid cunt of a mother, or the mother is a stupid cunt who made that shit up as a means of damage control. And I'm willing to bet it's both.

Also, his name is Hayden. That's encroaching on triple stupid cunt territory, except replace the word "encroaching" with "sprinting into" and replace the word "triple" with some new number that represents the quantifiable stupidity of naming your fucking kid "Hayden".

Hold the hell up, Dethklok. There is no freaking reason why you should be calling the mother 'a cunt'. That is gendered, rude and quite offensive. Think about the words that you are using before you post.

As for the broader story: if the mother in this case took certain precautions, like locking the door from the inside, putting specific locks and tabs that would prevent easy exit. I know with my brother, we had something similar, since he occasionally sleepwalked.

I think the bigger question is the issue of the father - the father in the house clearly provided a bad role model and the son is mimicking it. I feel bad for the mother; she seems to care and this isn't an easy issue.

Quite frankly, I wouldn't expect anybody to deal with the particular circumstance of your child finding beer and then leaving the house. It just isn't something that goes into the mind of most people.

I think that any 4 year old capable of doing this is a monster in the making. I think we should all go out and buy steel doors, brick up our windows, and arm ourselves with rocket launchers. He's coming I tell you.....he's coming!!!