Thread: Someone to talk to

Post Someone to talk to

I'm a type of person that usually have alot on mind and at times and also very sensitive and I need someone to talk to about the things that are really hurting me inside. Usualy for any person they would talk to there parents or brothers or sisters, i would Talk to my mom (since she's the only person i live with, and can't find any friends here my age and being a small town). Anyways This one time i really had to talk to my mom about something that really bothers me and i told her about being afraid to come home because i was afraid of my brother because he would abuse me alot, and also in school I tried almost anything to get attension even made up FAKE rumors about killin my sister (that was in middle school but my life changed for the better in 10th grade in highschool) and others had feared me or were scared of me. And lastly mentioned to her how i became gay or noticed my gay interests. So I tell her all these things that have kinda bothered me and really had to realease all this and talk to her to get all these things out also to help her understand me more better. When i told her She says that nothin bad realy happend at home and also i was a good kid in school, sayin that denying my own feelings sayin I never felt that way or did anything bad. Hearing that really bothers me alot because i can't realease my feelings and get it through her how i trully felt. I get into arguments with her alot and also she puts her own feeling and opinions into everything you talk to her about making things much more frustrating to talk to her.

My Question is Have any of you had alot on mind and really wanted to get things out to your parents that really bothered you inside but yet you can't get through to them and express yourself on how you trully felt?

My last question is do you argue with your parents alot mainly from telling them about the things that really bother you?

Hi Cutebaby306 sorry to hear that you have no one to talk to and don't have a lot of friends. I am sure you will make lots of friends here. If you need some one to talk to I will listen and try to help. Pm me if you like.

absolutely cutebaby306. im 21 and have dealt with alot of shiz in my life. pm me to get my email and we chat via msn or wateva

Peachy

It's kinda hard to talk to your mom about family issues when she's a part of the family. She can't really give you the sympathy or solutions if she's part of the problem and has to look after her own position as well.
    I'd suggest looking for a friend or someone else who's not directly involved in the problem(s) to talk to, then they can actually give you an outsider's view.

Peachy

I had the same problem(s) in my life, the build up of feelings and thoughts, it can be quite terrible...it caused me to make an attempt on my life a while back. Two things that I found that really helped me, well actually 3.

1. Having a female friend: My god when I was undergoing all of this tension she was the one person in my life that I could tell the thoughts in my head to. She is one big person that kind of saved my life. But, that person is not the only one I could lay everything out on, b/c it got to a point where she couldn't take hearing my thoughts anymore and we stopped being friends, but we are friends again, so all is well again.

2. This one is the more expensive route to take, but a non judging route. I had started to see a psychologist about 2 months ago. I am able to once a week lay out what is troubling me and what I want to talk about to this person and just be able to unload. B/c of this outlet I have I am much happier now than I was 3 months ago.

3. The cheapest, but not necessarily the best route to take is having a forum like this to make a post about what is bothering you. I owe a lot to you all on here. A forum can be an outlet for releasing if it is something that you have to talk about NOW.

Those are somethings that have helped me cope, I hope these suggestions were helpful, even just a bit and not a waste of your time.

If you ever need to talk, just PM me

Thank you all for your replies its really good to have good friends to talk to or message. And also same goes for all of you too if you need someone to talk to u can pm me. =) I posted this thread jus to see how others are like when they really need someone to talk to and to see who they talk to mainly to let everything out. Thank you all and you are all really helpfull

cutebaby306 no doubt if you have a look through my posts you will know what i mean when i say i have been through a bit. albeit not exactly what you are going through but learning to copy and talk to people is something we can all learn. im serious about having a chat if you are comfortable with it.

Quote Originally Posted by dfl88 View Post
    cutebaby306 no doubt if you have a look through my posts you will know what i mean when i say i have been through a bit. albeit not exactly what you are going through but learning to copy and talk to people is something we can all learn. im serious about having a chat if you are comfortable with it.
    Thanks I would like to chat. You seem like another good friend or person to talk to.

---------- Post added 18-12-2009 at 01:32 AM ---------- Previous post was 17-12-2009 at 05:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    I had the same problem(s) in my life, the build up of feelings and thoughts, it can be quite terrible...it caused me to make an attempt on my life a while back. Two things that I found that really helped me, well actually 3.

1. Having a female friend: My god when I was undergoing all of this tension she was the one person in my life that I could tell the thoughts in my head to. She is one big person that kind of saved my life. But, that person is not the only one I could lay everything out on, b/c it got to a point where she couldn't take hearing my thoughts anymore and we stopped being friends, but we are friends again, so all is well again.

2. This one is the more expensive route to take, but a non judging route. I had started to see a psychologist about 2 months ago. I am able to once a week lay out what is troubling me and what I want to talk about to this person and just be able to unload. B/c of this outlet I have I am much happier now than I was 3 months ago.

3. The cheapest, but not necessarily the best route to take is having a forum like this to make a post about what is bothering you. I owe a lot to you all on here. A forum can be an outlet for releasing if it is something that you have to talk about NOW.

Those are somethings that have helped me cope, I hope these suggestions were helpful, even just a bit and not a waste of your time.

If you ever need to talk, just PM me
    When i was depressed i did think alot about death but My life was saved by a girl in highschool and she just sat at my lunch table and said i looked lonely. She was my first real good friend. But then later when the end of the school she went to college as well as most of my friends. Some of my other friends that were still in highschool kinda became distant from me after they found out i was gay. I did see a psychologist for my problems but it didn't really go well cause my psychologist would easily get frustrated and also hardly left me any time to speak. I gotten depressed again after losin my friends, so far whats keepin me happy is the friends that i have on computer but are far away. My biggest fear in life is havin no friends or being completly alone.

Mesmerale

Quote Originally Posted by Cutebaby306 View Post
    [. . .] I did see a psychologist for my problems but it didn't really go well cause my psychologist would easily get frustrated and also hardly left me any time to speak. I gotten depressed again after losin my friends, so far whats keepin me happy is the friends that i have on computer but are far away. My biggest fear in life is havin no friends or being completly alone.
    I haven't read the entire thread, so I don't know all of what's going on, but this one part just made me wanna say this..

Not all psychologists are like that. It sounds like the one you had wasn't very good, or at the very least, his/her style didn't suit you (There are many, many different styles of therapeutic psychology). I would highly recommend finding and regularly seeing a new psychologist. You need a professional to talk to, someone who can diagnose and prescribe to you whatever you may need (if anything at all).