Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody Here Play Guitar?

Default Anybody Here Play Guitar?

What kind of music do you play, gear you use, etc?

I play metalcore. I've got a Cort Viva 7 string and a Behringer GX210. I've been playing for about 4 years and have owned a plethora of guitars and amps.

used to play on an ESP LTD H-51 and an Ibanez RG1550M but i sold them a while ago and i don't really have much time to play anymore

I play guitar

Mostly acoustic. I like to fingerpick for the most part, but I will start getting my pick out when I move back to my home town and do not have to worry about volume.

I play anything that sounds interesting to me at the time. Enya piano solos transcribed for guitar... In Flames... Metallica... Tom Petty, Pink Floyd, etc.

I have a Rainsong OM1000 and a few others. I used to have quite a few, but sold some when money was tight in college.

My main instruments right now are my Rainsong, my little Ovation ukelele, and my tablas.

I play guitar, going to college for it too. I got some custom BC rich electric (the Trip Eisen model), but it's super busted up. I also have some knock off strat which really sucks, but I got it for free so it's cool, and a songbird electric acoustic that which is probably my favourite thing since Cheese Whiz. Yeah, not top notch gear, but I don't mind.

Guess I mostly play metal-ish stuff. I dunno, when I write it's kinda trash / super hardcore punk, but I don't learn stuff like that usually. Basicall anything with heavy and weird, like Number 12 Looks like You or Human Abstract / Protest the Hero styled (not quite that technical though). Also dig 90's alternative stuff... older RHCP, NIN and such. Right now I'm trying to get a hard bop imrpov style down so I can throw in some gnarly sounding solos into songs. Loud and angry is generally what I am for.
    Last edited by Slang; 15-Dec-2009 at 03:12.

I can play, but I just don't do it as often as I should. My best and favorite song I can play is Let it die from the Foo Fighters. I love finger picking a lot, and it gets me a lot of bragging rights from my friends who use a pick.

I've been playing for a bit over 12 years, although I don't play as much as I used to.

I have a 2003 USA Fender Tele (tobacco burst), a 1998ish Mexi Strat (purple, refinished in white), and a black Takamine G-series. I play through a Fender Deluxe 112.

Some stomp boxes I have include: Boss TU-2, Boss DD-6, Boss PS-5, Dunlop Wah, a Tech21 disortion box, and a few other random things stashed away.

I also record through the now discontinued Line6 TonePort UX2.

I tend to play all sorts of music; I admire Jimmy Page, Slash, and David Gilmour greatly, so I will learn a ton of their stuff. If I were to get back into a groove of playing, I would certainly begin working some Nashville chicken-pickin' hybrid stuffs!

Big Baby Taylor (the name has never seemed so ironic). Had it for nearly ten years and I love it. Just love it.

I play folk rock.

Either high poppy music like the maine and brighten or downtuned shit from mudvayne to disturbed to metal shit like lamb of god etc... I don't play as much any more, I'm a producer now, but lately I've been working on a project or two of my own, and so I have an excuse to play