Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First time, need some encouragement.

Default First time, need some encouragement.

I've wanted to try wearing diapers for a long time now and, after coming across this site, was finally able to work up the nerve to buy some. (see my intro thread)

Well they came today.:havemail: I'm never home when the mail comes, so someone in my family picked up the package and just threw it on my bed. I buy stuff online all the time, so nobody thought anything of it. I was relieved to find that the package, although very soft and cushion-like, didn't have a single identifiable mark on it (thank you TBHG), and the cushioning could easily be mistaken for a small, well-packed, computer part (which is most often what I buy online). So no worries there.

What I need help with, is actually building up the nerve to put one on. As soon as I picked up the envelope and started opening it up, I started to get jumpy because 1.) I already know what's inside, and 2.) the sound of the plastic-like packaging being torn apart sounded like a diaper crinkle sound. Naturally, all of the packaging makes this sound and continues to do so as I finally catch sight of the diaper itself. I get more nervous still as I begin to pull one of the 2 sample diapers out. By the time I finally have one out in my hands, I can hardly keep them steady because I'm shaking so badly. Even with the door locked and my brother playing COD:MW2 in the next room, drowning out all possible audible sound from my room, I'm in a panic. I might just wet myself before I ever get it on.

I had the diaper half unfolded before I completely lost my nerve, and put it back in the packaging and hid it in a box under my bed.

I think I might just wait until the weekend, and wait for a time when nobody is home to actually try it out. I want to be able to enjoy the experience. I want to be able to walk around in just my diaper, and walk across the hall to bathroom to see what it looks like on me in the mirror, and what it will look like under various articles of clothing, and see how noticeable it is or how noticeable the sound is. I want to be calm and comfy when I do it.

I only have 2 right now (being that it was a sample pack from Bambino's) and don't want to waste them. Money is tight right now being the holidays and having just bought a car, so I can't really spend any more money on this sort of thing at the moment (even if it was only 7 bucks with free shipping).

...Grrr, I also don't want to wait till the weekend!

TL;DR version:
    Got my diapers for the first time, and am too scared to put them on for fear of someone in the house finding out in some way.

So let me just ask you, "what was your first time putting on a diaper like?" (besides when you were a baby of course).

I experienced the same feeling putting on my first diaper, except i went through with it and it really wrecked the feeling since everything was done in a hurried manner. I open the packaging and my heart probably skipped a beat or two.
    I think for like the first 10 minutes i just smelled the diapers, i love the new diaper smell (and who doesn't!) It's so fresh, clean and infantile. I heard my dad coming upstairs (if you knew my history you would understand why this is a VERY VERY BAD thing) and hid them under my mattress and pretended to be doing homework.
    He left and i went back under the bed and pulled out a fresh diaper. I ran to the bathroom locked the door and tried to control my breath. Looking at the diaper i knew i had to put it on but i was afraid of someone coming, and knocking on the door, or hearing the tapes come undone, things no one would have heard anyway since they were all downstairs. Anyway i kept going and rushed through the whole procedure. The result was a very loose but still comfortable diaper.
    After much water drinking (so much that my parents actually noticed) I made my first wetting. Because i had put the diaper on it leaked and my pants were all wet. I ran upstairs and changed before anyone could see me.

I guess the moral of the story is, enjoy the experience, and don't let the nervousness get to you! It's your first diaper so let it be nice and memorable, there's only up to go from here. That's all i have to say for now. Good luck and enjoy your diapers!!

BTW: Nice avie! I love Miles "Tails" Prower!

I had the same problem. Diaper wearing had been one of my biggest fetish's and I finally had the chance to indulge this week. My heart was racing, I felt my pulse in every appendage of my body and I couldn't sit still. I suppose in my case it was easier considering my significant other eased me into it greatly.

It's hard overcoming the nervous feeling but once you do you'll realize it's not as big of a deal as you may be working yourself into thinking. Wait til everybody is asleep or away, get comfy in your room and just put one on.

Enjoy ;D

The easiest thing to do is what i did, i waited until i was sure i had a couple of hours at LEAST of the house to my self and i would set up checks to notify me if there was any deviation from that notion before i would don what i was to don and do my thing. My first time though was more or less me just putting one on under whatever i was wearing at the moment and winging it cause i was so young and reckless

Yeah, that's basically the same feeling I'm having. I'm still pretty new to the AB/DL thing in general.

My parents are asleep now, and my brother's game volume is too high for him to hear me. I managed the strength to pull it out again and look at it, but am confused. This probably sounds stupid, but I blame it on the fact that I'm nervous, but I don't even know which end is the front. Looking at it, it doesn't really appear that one end is larger than the other. Is the end with the tape the back?

Also, how well is it supposed to fit? Should the tape be pulled really tight to help keep it up? Should I let it sag a little, or should make sure I pull it up tight (I guess I should just make sure it's comfortable for now, since I don't plan on wetting it yet)? How many times (on average) can I retape it before it stops sticking properly?

I probably should have asked someone here this before I bought them, but I'm a 32" waist. The Medium size that I bought is supposed to be for size 32 - 44. Should I have gotten the Small size which fits 22- 34 instead?

Tape end is the back, you tape it up across your pelvis.

The tapes should be pretty tight, because the plastic has to make a good seal around your legs or else it'll leak.

The medium is a better fit than the small. It's better to be on the low side of the fit than on the high, if that makes sense.

In regards to how many times you can restick the tapes before they stop being adhesive enough to stay put, with bambinos, you can go about 3 times(Of wearing, not just retapes/adjustments), although, you're gonna have some sweat build-up if you do...best to just use it the first(or second, if you're really nervous) time. Hope I helped

Also: Nifty tip for not being seen with a diaper on. Wear boxers over it(Pull the boxer's waistband up above the diaper's)

Quote Originally Posted by xcliber View Post
    Yeah, that's basically the same feeling I'm having. I'm still pretty new to the AB/DL thing in general.

My parents are asleep now, and my brother's game volume is too high for him to hear me. I managed the strength to pull it out again and look at it, but am confused. This probably sounds stupid, but I blame it on the fact that I'm nervous, but I don't even know which end is the front. Looking at it, it doesn't really appear that one end is larger than the other. Is the end with the tape the back?

Also, how well is it supposed to fit? Should the tape be pulled really tight to help keep it up? Should I let it sag a little, or should make sure I pull it up tight (I guess I should just make sure it's comfortable for now, since I don't plan on wetting it yet)? How many times (on average) can I retape it before it stops sticking properly?

I probably should have asked someone here this before I bought them, but I'm a 32" waist. The Medium size that I bought is supposed to be for size 32 - 44. Should I have gotten the Small size which fits 22- 34 instead?
    The MEdiums are perfect for you.

You want to unfold the diaper, and spread the wings. Back is where the tapes go.

'sit' with your bum just behind the middle of the diaper and lay down on your back, then grab the front of the diaper and bring it around/under your bellybutton.

Then take one side and use 1 tape, grab the other side and tape as well. Figure out what the best fit for you is by re-adjusting the tapes. BE CAREFUL as some tapes wont restick after being adjusted multiple times, and sometimes the tape can rip the plastic on the diaper.

You may need to take a few tries before you can confortably and properly diaper yourself, but don't be too concerned with it. A snugger fit will mean better leak protection, but fit is all up to you.

Wait for a time when you maybe have a few hours alone, it's less stressful and you'll enjoy it more.

Congrats on getting your first diapers. Great choice in going with a top quality diaper, it will make the experience more enjoyable. As far as using it for the first time, just wait till you have an hour or two alone. Just put it on and relax, it's not that big of a deal. It may help relax you by coming here and reading/responding to posts while wearing. I think you should us the diaper as it is intended. You may find it liberating and help you calm down.