Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another cool dream

Default Another cool dream

This one starred me. I was in a castle or a factory or something. It was falling apart. There were these giant double doors guarded by a lone soldier. He aimed his gun at me and said, "Don't move."

I said, "You sure you want to stick around while this shit goes down? She's gonna be pissed." Somehow, I knew what was going to happen and I knew who 'she' was. Something bad was going to happen. Something bad was already going on behind those doors. "Listen," I said, "You gotta show me the way outta here, otherwise we're both dead."

The giant double doors shook on their hinges.

"Fine," he said.

Then the doors burst open and the walls buckled. Inside that room was this massive, deformed creature. That was 'she'. She shreaked.

"This way," the soldier said. He rand down the hallway and I sprinted after him.

It was at this time when I (the real me, not the me in the dream) noticed there was a girl with me. She was maybe about 14-15. All I knew was that I had saved her and now I had to get her as far away from the factory as possible.

So we run through the factory, going down stone staircases and stuff. The soldier seems to get turned around by eventually leads us out. The whole building is shaking. He pulls out a map and points us down a road, telling us he'll come with us because what he just did is dessertian.

Oh yeah, looking at the map it's clear this isn't earth. When we get to the small town a half day later, that's even more so. It's like an elaborate fantasy world with medieval elements and guns.

Anyway, so I find out this soldier has OCD or something. He won't let us walk off the path into the grass, even if it means a short cut.

So we get to this small town, but our journey isn't down yet. We have to keep walking. The path we're following goes up and over a large hill, through a forest, and finally comes out on a large valley. From where we are on top of the hill, we can see there's a few villages within this valley.

We follow the path down the hill. Pretty much the entire valley is grass, but we pass the odd tree which doesn't look like any tree I've seen before. It has a light brownish-greyish trunk, with large branches that only have a few broad leaves on it. The weather here is also very pleasant.

Walking to this next town I realize something. This entire valley looks like my backyard if my backyard were 40 square kilometers large. Being roughly ten acres, my backyard is still pretty big. Looking to where my house should be (behind us and slightly to the left) there's a mountain surrounded by forests with the factory's smoke pipes jutting out of the center.

Before we can reach the next town, we spot some of the factory's soldiers emerging from the forest path that we came out of earlier. They're wearing the same uniform that the soldier we're with is wearing, except they also have gas masks on. And guns. Since we're so far away from them, they haven't noticed us yet.

Then they spot us, and point at us. "Oh shit," I say. "Follow me." Because it is my backyard and I grew up here so I know all the best hiding spots. So I push them down into this hiding spot, and we wait there for days or something. To survive, I captured one of the soldiers while he was drunk, snapped his neck, and I think we ate him.

And that's where it ends.

Mesmerale

Dude...

I wanna remember my dreams...

sounds like the ending to zelda ocarina of time Thats an awesome dream!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Codybear View Post
    sounds like the ending to zelda ocarina of time Thats an awesome dream!!!
    No it doesn't! The only thing that comes close to the game is the shaking building while escaping. And where in OOT is there cannibalism? Or in that case monsters you run away from? I could go on, but I'm going to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by link View Post
    No it doesn't! The only thing that comes close to the game is the shaking building while escaping. And where in OOT is there cannibalism? Or in that case monsters you run away from? I could go on, but I'm going to stop.
    yah i just thought of the collapsing building and idk it just kinda reminded me of it

Quote Originally Posted by Codybear View Post
    yah i just thought of the collapsing building and idk it just kinda reminded me of it
    But the building never collapsed, it just shook at the end. Still, thanks for invoking memories of that amazing game ending. The entire ending from entering the temple of time and meeting Zelda to returning the master sword for the last time was just so cool. It gets me every time I play it.

nothing like remembering your dreams and eventually learning lucid dreaming

I've always wanted to have a lucid dream. Is there a trick?

Yes, get plenty of sleep so that you're at the end of the cycle. I'm always sleep deprived, so I never remember my dreams, usually. If I'm off from school for a while, then I can sleep later and remember my dreams. Usually the most lucid ones seem to come at the end of one's sleep.

I too have had this dream where I'm in an old Victorian house, with the tower, and I eventually arrive at the door that leads to the upper part of the tower. I can never open the door, however, because I'm terrified of what lays in wait at the top. I have already worked that into my novel.

Quote Originally Posted by link View Post
    I've always wanted to have a lucid dream. Is there a trick?
    Practice, I think, is the only way. The easiest way is probably to make it a habit to check if you are dreaming or not. This means checking the time or looking down at your hands every hour or so. If you're dreaming, the clock won't show the time and your hands will look strange. Then you'll realize it's a dream.

When I was a kid, my brother and I both got lucid and semi-lucid dreams all the time. Maybe kids just get it naturally.