Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Xbox 360 or PS3

Question Xbox 360 or PS3

what should i get the Xbox or PS3 im buying a new game station this year ive still been playin sonic and doom on my sega dreamcast so what should i get ill let you decide

if you wanna play online more. go 360. if you wanna blue ray player and a nice sellection of games go PS3

Go 360, it's the more popular console. Out of personal experience and what others tell me, Xbox 360 is better. The games are not modified from the original version as they would be on PS3. The controller is better, ect. Things like that. Xbox 360 has alot of advantages.

Not saying PS3 doesn't have them, but Xbox 360 is just better. Besides, you get xbox live and we can play together!

Quote Originally Posted by Thallis View Post
    PC
    This..

if you can't go PC then go with the 360 since it offers just about the same graphics wise of the PS3 but has a far better library. Plus are there any PS3 only games people even want that aren't 8 hour only video games with no replay?

Valence

If you want an ugly brick that plays great games, go with 360. If you want a stylish console that plays movies, go with ps3.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapejuice View Post
    If you want an ugly brick that plays great games, go with 360. If you want a stylish console that plays movies, go with ps3.
    360 plays movies as well... :-p

Its all a matter of preference. Theres always the argument that one has better graphics and so on, but the fact remains that if one is better then the other, its not so noticeable that its game breaking and while most games that come out now are set to both systems, ther are a few that are single system only, but for the most part its continuations of games that always have been single system.

The online for 360 is paid monthly, or yearly (may be more options), but is constantly updated and kept pretty much glitch free. PS3's online is free from what I am told, but any patches that are done arent tested and I have read reports of systems being screwed up after one has been put into service. (Controllers not staying synced, etc) Controller wise, im partial to the 3360's because it just feels right in my hands, but again, its preference.

Its all what you want. I had a PS2 before my 360, but switched because I was/am a big fan of Halo and pretty much after that hers been no real game that has been only PS3 that I have wanted. Both play great games, both play movies (bluray player, not a big thing to me) and both have their pros and cons....

its all what you think will work for you, but from what I can tell, a lot of people are stepping over to the Xbox side.

Valence

Quote Originally Posted by LstNwf View Post
    360 plays movies as well... :-p
    Yes, but it was made mostly for games, whereas the ps3.... haha