View Poll Results: What do you think of the new Google Homepage Fade-In?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't like it.

11 40.74%
  • I like it.

5 18.52%
  • Meh, it's alright...

11 40.74%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hate the Google Fade In?

Default Hate the Google Fade In?

What do you think of the new Google Homepage in which everything but the Logo, Searchbar, and search buttons are removed but fade in onMouseOver? (excuse me talking in JavaScript/ActionScript)

I for one hate it.

If you are like me and you want it disabled, you can use this Greasemonkey script.

To use it:
    Firefox users go here to download Greasemonkey if you don't have it. Then, restart and go here and click the install button.

Chrome users go here and click install. (You will need to be on the Development Channel)

Sweeet! thank you! <3 greasemonkey scripts for stuff like this. I hated that fade in.

I hate it too!

I don't know why I hate it so much. I guess it's the fact that searching for something takes 2 seconds longer now. (gasp)

i dunno guys two seconds ... its not really that long, but i really don't care either way.... gotta admit though it makes it look spiffy-er
    Last edited by SquishyTushy; 11-Dec-2009 at 23:56.

Wow...thanks for pointing this out. I hadn't been to the Goog's home page for a while. The fade-in is truly obnoxious. I can't see what sort of function it serves, and no matter how sneaky I try to mouse the cursor into the screen, the extra text always appears. Completely pointless. I would almost use Bing in protest.

I really just use Google for access to research literature and maps. The rest isn't worth looking for. I've got all my favorite sites bookmarked or memorized.

I feel like sometimes people bitch about the stupidest stuff ever, no offense.

It lasts a whole 1 second, I didn't even notice it until you pointed that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
    I feel like sometimes people bitch about the stupidest stuff ever, no offense.

It lasts a whole 1 second, I didn't even notice it until you pointed that out.
    Well, for me it's not necessarily the time it takes to fade in. I just don't like unnecessary animations. I also like to see if i'm logged in at a glance. *and it is just annoying

BTW, the GM script is not mine. I just found it...
    Last edited by LittleGinge; 11-Dec-2009 at 03:21. Reason: detail... :)

Don't really care much. When I first saw it I was like "oooh, thats neat.." but otherwise it doesn't affect me in the slightest. It could be worse, you could be stuck in a village in Africa with no food or water and half the people around you dying from deadly diseases... but thats not as important as a one second animation now is it?

lol I didn't even notice until you told me, I use the firefox page of google... Mozilla Firefox Start Page