Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wrong way to hit on a girl

Default Wrong way to hit on a girl

Ok, i'm standing in line at the store i have all my stuff on the belt thingy and i'm waiting for my turn to pay . so, i'm looking down at my phone and this guy comes over and put a can of air freshener in my cart. So, the first thing I was thinking was i'm about to go off on this guy but, i calm myself down and hand the can back to guy .

Then, he says " you going to hand this back " he holds the can up so i can see it. I told him yeah I was and i don't know him so get to the back of the line .

He take it back and waits right by me and while he' doing this he just cut off three people and , they didn't say a thing . The line was going slow and i think it been 1 minute since he put this can in my cart . And out of the blue, he starts complaining how slow the line is and that the people working there are slow but, it wasn't even like that .

He says " im in a hurry !! " then waits for 3 seconds and repeats it .

then he walks to another line and pays for air freshener there but, before he goes to the other line . he tells me i'm pretty and walks away .

Just a Very bad way to hit on me or anyone for that matter .

And the wierdst thing was it happened again with a diffrent guy later that day .

and im not even sure if he was hitting on me . What do you think ?

I misread the thread title as "Wrong way to hit a girl". Didn't think there was a right way!

It does seem weird to act like a jackass, and then to tell a girl that she's pretty... Maybe he thinks that pushing in line is an attractive quality... >_<
    Reminds me of sitcoms, where an obnoxious guy can seem attractive to women.

Some people are just insane.

Unless of course you're amazingly attractive in such a way that you randomly cause guys to compliment you at inappropriate times.

i've been thinking about it And i think i may have made him really nerves when i told him to * take your crap out of my cart " and passd the can to him. thats when he started shouting at the staff.

Ah yes, the classic put-things-in-her-shopping-cart-then-be-obnoxious-and-top-it-all-off-with-an-akward-comment routine. This man is a master of machismo.

At least he complimented you. How many dudes told you that you were pretty today? For a complete stranger to do that is a special occasion. I've never had someone I didn't know tell me how pretty I was. I haven't even had someone I do know tell me that. You're a lucky gal. Also, there are worse ways to hit on a girl. He could have scratched your name into his forehead with a gol pencil to proclaim his undying love, or maybe even maced you with the pepper spray, dragged you out to his van and taken you off to his compound in Memphis so that you could help him save the future by having a bunch of kids and raising them "proper-like". I mean, what's the right way to hit on a girl anyways? Make her a macaroni heart? Or this that only for Mother's Day? I think crayons would be a good present to, cause you can use them in a bunch of different and creative ways, and you don't have to worry about picking somebody's favourite color because with the big ol' Crayola 64 pack, youre bound to get it. Red, orange, yellow, green, turquoise... that's like all five food groups. That's bound to pull at a girl's heartstrings. Is that one word?

Error404

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie F View Post
    I misread the thread title as "Wrong way to hit a girl". Didn't think there was a right way!

It does seem weird to act like a jackass, and then to tell a girl that she's pretty... Maybe he thinks that pushing in line is an attractive quality... >_<
    Reminds me of sitcoms, where an obnoxious guy can seem attractive to women.

Some people are just insane.

Unless of course you're amazingly attractive in such a way that you randomly cause guys to compliment you at inappropriate times.
    With your pimp hand, though it MUST be strong.

I've never had that happen to me... yet >_<

But at work on the weekend, two guys came in, one who works at the place where I do as a security guy, and the other as a customer, and both said I had some form of a 'radiant smile and glowing complexion'. Apparently there was something about me that day that just sparkled or something, I dunno.

Um... speaking as a guy, who was once an akward/ creepy single 20 something...
    My professional creepy guy opinion is that he is stalking you, and this was his feeble attempt to make contact. You best buy a taser and get a large dog named 'chigy' cuz you have a stalker.
    Most normal guys wouldn't go through all that trouble to make themselves look like an ass unless they thought they had a chance.

I think this guy sounds creepy and a bit nuts; and yes, it does sound like he was hitting on you. When someone acts strangely and makes me uncomfortable, I find that the best thing to do is simply avoid eye contact, be rather brisk but pleasant, and leave the situation as soon as possible. I tend to assume that the person might have a psychological problem, or that they're sadly ignorant of the social norms. People like that are rather pitiable... after all, if that's how they think a girl's affections are to be won, it's unlikely that they'll have any success winning anyone's heart.

In retrospect, you might find that the most satisfactory perspective is to simply feel a bit flattered at the fact that someone found you attractive, and be glad that most people aren't that awkward and jarring in their interactions. Of course, if you see him again and he continues being obtrusive, you might need to take stronger measures. But it sounds like, judging from his retreat, he got the message that you weren't interested. I think it's good that you didn't just sit there passively when he got into your space; standing up for yourself and telling the person that their behavior isn't appropriate is a pretty effective way to get them to back off.

Was he Norwegian by chance? Lines seem to be a foreign concept here. So are manners. I recently read something that said "You know you've been in Norway too long when you hate to travel some place else because the people there are so annoyingly nice.

Okay, just kidding for the Norwegian members. I know that if they want someone to go in order here, they have to have one of those number machines. Otherwise, it is all free game.

Just follow the D.E.N.N.I.S. system.

Just kidding, that is horrible and incredibly immoral.

Though it does work.

Not that i'd know.