Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the new Depends fitted briefs

Default the new Depends fitted briefs

Hi, has anyone bought the new Depends fitted briefs since they came out?
    Are they any different then the old ones? On their website, they dont have actual pictures so I cant tell, and I dont want to buy them and waste money if I dont like them.

Ummm, I think I have. I noticed a couple months ago that the package I usually buy (which used to be green and purple) was now green and orange. I don't know how they actually changed the product though, if they even did. They look and feel pretty much the same to me. The only difference I know of is that they have unfortunately gotten even cheaper with the tapes. I have bought 3 or 4 packages so far, and each one of them had at least a few diapers that either didn't have a third (top) tape on the right side, or had that third tape, but it was cut so badly by the machine it was unusable. The tapes also don't stick well, as always.

Hope that helped.

Quote Originally Posted by spddan View Post
    The tapes also don't stick well, as always.
    That's the worst part. And FORGET about re-taping at some point. I also honestly feel like they improved the leg gathers, the absorbanecy seemed a bit less than the previous ones, and obviously less than the original Depend Overnight Fitted Maximum Protection that I started my adult diaper wearing experience on

The newer ones are indeed worse. Depend has been getting worse and worse for years. They've gone cheaper but the price stays the same. It's like the padding doesn't really bulk up anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    The newer ones are indeed worse. Depend has been getting worse and worse for years. They've gone cheaper but the price stays the same. It's like the padding doesn't really bulk up anymore?
    Nope it doesn't... they really don't hold anything anymore.

Yeah, it's a definite shame that good diapers just don't sell any more. I mean, the vast majority of business for these companies comes from the general incontinence community, which is, in general, not looking for a more 'babyish' experience. They are embarrassed to be wearing, and would much rather buy something that is basically unnoticeable to others around them. This of course, comes at the expensive of quality.

A diaper that swells up would get bigger, and be more noticeable. I guess plenty of people who wear Depends likely change them after only one wetting. Personally, I don't understand it, and it's not just because I'm ABDL. I think it would be a lot more expensive to do things this way, as well as more of a hassle for the wearer and the care provider (especially for the elderly and paralyzed). I would think people would at least want a product that can be taped up, adjustable, and would at least be able to last a couple of solid wettings.

the depends suck but there cheap avalibe and get the job done bascly

They're all made in Mexico now anyway...workmanship is not as good south of the border...

I didn't notice any difference and I bought a package of the new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnathon View Post
    I didn't notice any difference and I bought a package of the new ones.
    Neither have I, beyond the obvious change in packaging, and depends have been my regular diaper for about a year now. One thing I have noticed -- not about depends but about products in general -- is that whenever something about a product line changes, there are usually a lot of people who perceive the change to be negative, whether or not any significant change was actually made.
    I can't remember where, but I distinctly remember another post about this... it might not have been adisc, but at any rate, the key points the author made were: 1) we are often resistant to change, and 2) we often remember things to be better than they were.
    It seems that every time any company changes its products, people complain that it's going downhill. But that arouses my suspicion -- for surely it can't be the case that all companies are putting out progressively worse products -- that it may all be in our heads.