Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scribblenauts

Default Scribblenauts

I was thinking about getting this game for my baby sister, and would like people's thoughts on it if they've played it. Is it too complicated for a ten year old? I read somewhere that you have to think like a kid to beat some of the levels. My sister isn't very bright, though, and she has a short attention span sometimes. Just wondering if this would be a good game for her.

For those who don't know what it is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scribblenauts

GaashaHuzzah

OMG i Luuuuuuuurv scribblenauts!

Most of the levels are really short

The vocab includes some memes, which is just a bonus.

But some of the levels can be a little tricky, and you have to do levels to unlock other ones...

It's only fun for a few hours until you realize you can use Cthulhu to just beat almost all the levels.

I've been considering borrowing it from a friend. "It" being the game, and the DS, because I have neither. :dodgy:

get a DS lite then get scribblenauts... they are both very fun.

Also this game just breathes creativity, perfect gift for anyone over 6 I say that actually likes having fun.

Thumbs up

I want this game myself. I think I have a buddy who bought it, I'll see if he'll lend me it.

I learned why God never created Dragons with the help of this game. Dragons can beat God in a fight. lol

Should you buy it? Well I think it seems like one of the few truly ALL ages games since the only tool you really need is creativity. (Although Virgin and Gamer make the same character thing )

Wait?! Dragons can beat God, but God can beat Cthulhu and a Hydra at the same time? That's ridiculous!

Also, handcuff a fridge or vending machine to any starite, and you can move it wherever you want. An easy way to beat any level.

Thumbs down Party-pooper

Quote Originally Posted by Incomplete Dude View Post
    Wait?! Dragons can beat God, but God can beat Cthulhu and a Hydra at the same time? That's ridiculous!

Also, handcuff a fridge or vending machine to any starite, and you can move it wherever you want. An easy way to beat any level.
    You are worse than the guy in PB's cartoon.

Try and be original on every level and NEVER use the same word twice.

GaashaHuzzah

When a problem comes along, summon three things.

Flameberge, Panda, Bicycle.

Put Flameberge on Max and Panda on bicycle.

Put Max on Panda and win forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillhouse View Post
    I was thinking about getting this game for my baby sister, and would like people's thoughts on it if they've played it. Is it too complicated for a ten year old? I read somewhere that you have to think like a kid to beat some of the levels. My sister isn't very bright, though, and she has a short attention span sometimes. Just wondering if this would be a good game for her.

For those who don't know what it is: Scribblenauts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    This game makes me want to get a DS, much the same way that LittleBigPlanet makes me want to get a PS3.

You should get her this game. If she doesn't like it, you should ship it to me.