Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pens

Default Pens

Everyone has a favorite pen that they love, or at least I assume they do. So, list the brand and name of your favorite pen and upload a picture if you would like to. List what it is your like about it and what you dislike about it I would have to say mine is the Tul brand of pens.

Pros:
    It has a nice dark ink color
    Flows nicely
    Almost no smear
    A heavy, well built pen

Cons:

Expensive $9 for 4 pens.

GaashaHuzzah

You should go to Pen Island, it's an awesome site full of pennish goodness

*evil chuckle*

pamperchu

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    Everyone has a favorite pen that they love, or at least I assume they do. So, list the brand and name of your favorite pen and upload a picture if you would like to. List what it is your like about it and what you dislike about it I would have to say mine is the Tul brand of pens.

Pros:
    Flows nicely
    Almost no smear
    A heavy, well built pen

Cons:

Expensive $9 for 4 pens.
    $9 for 4 is not that expensive.

Pens Collection - Top 10 Most Expensive Pens In The World

anyway, I like the NASA pen that works in space.

I loooove pens and pencils! I really really want this pen for Christmas, though.

My absolute favorite mechanical pencil, however, is my BIC Quantech. It's nice and heavy in my hand, and it's soooo pretty. :3

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post

Pros:
    Flows nicely
    Almost no smear
    A heavy, well built pen

Cons:

Expensive $9 for 4 pens.
    $9 for 4? Mmm! I'll have to look into this brand.

I like pens that meet the following requirements:
    • Dark, fast-drying ink;
    • 0.5mm or less nib tip;
    • Does not leak or splatter.

The Uni-Ball Micro meets these requirements, and it is my pen of choice. I also quite enjoy gel-ink pens that have a very small nib. I have a refillable pen with a small nib somewhere, but I honestly couldn't put my hands on it within a day or two. My writing is tiny; if I go to it with a Sharpie, everything runs together.

I'm going to search for Pen Island ... maybe they'll have something like this in a refillable body.

Quote Originally Posted by NeiNei View Post
    I loooove pens and pencils! I really really want this pen for Christmas, though.
    This is a sweet pen! If it's refillable, I'm there.
    Last edited by h3g3l; 30-Nov-2009 at 23:05.

I used to have a fantastic pen. I lost him alas. And I mean 'him' - I named him. He was called Monsieur La Pen. He just went one day. So sad.

Here's a picture:

I swear it was swallowed somewhere in the depths of my room somewhere. I'm going to have to find it soon - exams are coming and I wouldn't want to be stuck with some biro. *shudder*

The company that makes them is fantastic. They make some fantastic designs, quite expensive but in my humble opinion totally worth it: LINK

Quote Originally Posted by h3g3l View Post
    This is a sweet pen! If it's refillable, I'm there.
    It actually is. They sell refills for it right on the JetPens site. In fact, all the pens and pencils from there are really really nice, especially if you love Japanese/Asian things.

I hardly write anymore, let alone with a pen. If I do use one, I prefer a gel-like pen, or one that flows nicely. I hate using those cheapo Bic pens that don't have a smooth/clean ink. As for pencils, I love mechanical ones, especially Bic ones.

Quote Originally Posted by NeiNei View Post
    It actually is. They sell refills for it right on the JetPens site. In fact, all the pens and pencils from there are really really nice, especially if you love Japanese/Asian things.
    I saw that after posting.

Drat, drat, drat, drat... Well, maybe I could swing this as a Christmas present to myself. I'll get the red one, though the purple is really nice, too. If only this were offered in a 0.3mm tip!
    Last edited by h3g3l; 01-Dec-2009 at 00:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    I hardly write anymore, let alone with a pen. If I do use one, I prefer a gel-like pen, or one that flows nicely. I hate using those cheapo Bic pens that don't have a smooth/clean ink. As for pencils, I love mechanical ones, especially Bic ones.
    I really only write anymore b/c Im still in HS, but it is cool to have a nice pen, especially when signing something, makes you look important

I HATE those Bic ones, they just are uncomfortable to write with.