Thread: Expressing my opinion

Kchrisd

Default Expressing my opinion

There is no other place for this but here.
    Hello. I would just like to say that I heard that a diaper friend of mine off of YouTube got banned for no apparent reason. He said that he was banned because of "alarming stuff". Here's what I want to know: he is 17, as I can tell from his videos and he has told me, and I have no reason not to believe him, so how could this guy get banned? What could he possibly have done to recieve an immediate ban? I don't know ANY 17 year olds that like diapers and are dangerous folk at the same time. Did you ever once think that maybe you got the wrong info? There are tons of people with identical names all over the world. We are told to trust no one over the Internet, yet you trust false information in order to distribute bans and punishments. As far as I see it, this isn't much of a help community. It's more like a place where honest-to-god. DLs get kicked to the curb for unjust accusations and false information. Yes, there are efficient ways to check if someone is really who they say they are. That doesn't always mean the information is right. Just like learning math, there will be mistakes. You guys just didn't want to go back and redo the problem correctly. Because of this, I have lost a lot of respect for this community. I only wish that you would open your eyes and realize what you did wrong, but I know for a fact it's only fantasy. With that, my post is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrisd View Post
    There is no other place for this but here.
    Hello. I would just like to say that I heard that a diaper friend of mine off of YouTube got banned for no apparent reason. He said that he was banned because of "alarming stuff". Here's what I want to know: he is 17, as I can tell from his videos and he has told me, and I have no reason not to believe him, so how could this guy get banned? What could he possibly have done to recieve an immediate ban? I don't know ANY 17 year olds that like diapers and are dangerous folk at the same time. Did you ever once think that maybe you got the wrong info? There are tons of people with identical names all over the world. We are told to trust no one over the Internet, yet you trust false information in order to distribute bans and punishments. As far as I see it, this isn't much of a help community. It's more like a place where honest-to-god. DLs get kicked to the curb for unjust accusations and false information. Yes, there are efficient ways to check if someone is really who they say they are. That doesn't always mean the information is right. Just like learning math, there will be mistakes. You guys just didn't want to go back and redo the problem correctly. Because of this, I have lost a lot of respect for this community. I only wish that you would open your eyes and realize what you did wrong, but I know for a fact it's only fantasy. With that, my post is done.
    With no frame of reference provided, this is not a valid question and instead presents itself as a rant. Indeed, the post itself is structured to convey that your friend was banned from YouTube. It only became vaguely clear that you were talking about ADISC 8 sentences in.

Bans are not handed down willy-nilly by the staff; for the most part, they are pretty forgiving and lenient.

I suspect, from the scant bits of information you DO have here, your "friend" did one or more things:
    • Harassed members, even after being asked to stop;
    • Made unwelcome sexual advances--that continued after repeated requests to stop;
    • Generally created a whole slew of board-engulfing drama--that continued after being asked to stop;
    • Posted a thread asking A/S/L right off the bat and then drooled over replies;
    • Posted a thread asking the status of everyone's diapers--and then didn't knock it off when asked to stop.

I understand that your thread here isn't an attempt to actually gather information, but instead is you venting over your ... friend's ... banning. Without specifics, it will be impossible to comment further, and I'm not willing to go into specifics. As I pointed out, the mods don't typically just decide to pick a random new member, tack on a reason for a ban, and go for it.

For a hint, have your ... friend ... check out the rules. They appear in my own signature, just below this text.

Kchrisd

He didn't break any rules. He posted an intro, engaged in two or three other posts, and was banned. They weren't questionable, dirty, or against the rules. And yes it was my friend. I couldn't possibly show you who it was because they've erased his account. Besides, he said the admins proclaimed it was something to do with a background check he failed, which Is not only an invasion of privacy, but they are lying as well because they don't tell you once that they are planning on doing this. Not only that, but how does a 17 year old FAIL a background check? Still unjust as I see it.

You can fail a background check if your stated rl info doesn't match with the info you stated elsewhere. You can fail a background check by belonging to certain "banned" sites. Or being on a sex offender registry, or other stuff like that. This is to protect us.

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrisd View Post
    He didn't break any rules. He posted an intro, engaged in two or three other posts, and was banned. They weren't questionable, dirty, or against the rules. And yes it was my friend. I couldn't possibly show you who it was because they've erased his account. Besides, he said the admins proclaimed it was something to do with a background check he failed, which Is not only an invasion of privacy, but they are lying as well because they don't tell you once that they are planning on doing this. Not only that, but how does a 17 year old FAIL a background check? Still unjust as I see it.
    I think this would actually best be solved over in the "Requests" forum.

I'm not going to wildly speculate, but I will say that searching public sources is not an invasion of privacy. Your friend should know that future employers will do the same kind of looking around at his online persona, and what they find may influence their decision.

Insofar as specifically failing a background check, that could be done handily by your friend lying. "Don't lie" is a pretty big rule around here, as the community itself is built around its members and their interactions with each other.

I would again point you to the "Requests" area of the forum for resolution.

Kchrisd

Well there lies the problem. He didn't lie about his info, I HIGHLY doubt he's a 17 year old sex offender, and I hardly believe he belongs to a banned sight.

As for moving this, I'll have to do it later. I need sleep.
    Last edited by Peachy; 30-Nov-2009 at 13:14. Reason: merging double post

Peachy

OK, a few things to consider:

(1) Post a real introduction. Something about yourself, not about a 'friend' of yours.
    (2) If your friend was banned on YouTube, take it up with YouTube. Do not drag it into ADISC for we have nothing to do with it. It's between him and YouTube.
    (3) Even 17 year olds can be a thread to YouTube or any other website. Surely, you've heard of prisons for juveniles. They exist for a reason!

So...go back to 'Start' and try again! And no $200 either!

*thread closed*

Peachy